Play off shoo-ins vs The Blue Behemoth, April 2nd

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walter really was the luckiest Manager in the World thanks to his unlimited Warchests.

A truly pish Boss.

Indeed, as proven by his decidedly ordinary performance at Everton.

Ok I've bitten. Walter had no war chest when manager of Scotland and did OK. He was at Everton when they were going thru a difficult financial time and his budget was low compared to most others. In his second spell at Rangers he reduced the Rangers debt from £30+m to £14m and from memory won six out of 8 trophies during that spell. Come on Walter doesn't deserve criticism. 😉

Indeed, as proven by his decidedly ordinary performance at Everton.

Most Everton fans think Smith done a decent job under the circumstances at the time , he also done a decent job at Scotland and most players from his time as assistant at tannadice to his second spell at ibrox have said his man management skills were fantastic, so wind yer neck in ya seething bufoon

Walter Smith was an excellent manager, you can't buy that talent. He's worked with some of the greatest minds in Scottish football and devised his own strategy. As Scotland boss for me personally was a revelation.

Most Everton fans think Smith done a decent job under the circumstances at the time , he also done a decent job at Scotland and most players from his time as assistant at tannadice to his second spell at ibrox have said his man management skills were fantastic, so wind yer neck in ya seething bufoon

He did ok with Scotland, but it was a brief stint that included a home defeat to Belarus, as well as that win over France.

One Rangers spell involved having wealth that no club could remotely rival, while during the other, one club could rival it.

The only part of his club managerial career that saw him have a budget which placed his club among the pack, saw that club perform at the lower end of said pack.

Come on Walter doesn't deserve criticism.

He's more deserving of criticism from you than from me.

His attempt at rescuing the club by being the figurehead of a consortium, which was delayed until Green had already acquired the club for peanuts was, in the words of Tom English "like busting in on a funeral with a defibrillator."

That's even before we consider that he allowed himself to be bought by Green to lend legitimacy to his regime as a clueless, puppet chairman.

I should really be the one attempting to defend the guy as you lot look to lynch him.

He's more deserving of criticism from you than from me.

His attempt at rescuing the club by being the figurehead of a consortium, which was delayed until Green had already acquired the club for peanuts was, in the words of Tom English "like busting in on a funeral with a defibrillator."

That's even before we consider that he allowed himself to be bought by Green to lend legitimacy to his regime as a clueless, puppet chairman.

I should really be the one attempting to defend the guy as you lot look to lynch him.

That has HeeHaw to do with his management capabilities

He did ok with Scotland, but it was a brief stint that included a home defeat to Belarus, as well as that win over France.One Rangers spell involved having wealth that no club could remotely rival, while during the other, one club could rival it.The only part of his club managerial career that saw him have a budget which placed his club among the pack, saw that club perform at the lower end of said pack.

Smith held in high esteem by the likes of souness , sir Alex and Jim MacLean . I am sure he is bothered what a banjo plucking barn dancer like yourself thinks

Smith held in high esteem by the likes of souness , sir Alex and Jim MacLean . I am sure he is bothered what a banjo plucking barn dancer like yourself thinks

Summarised accurately! Lol!

Archived