Cowdenbeath vs Ayr United

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First half was absolutely rancid as was the first 15 minutes of the second. Last half hour we were the better team but once Cowdenbeath went a goal up they were happy to defend that.

Feel for the lad McKenzie, he actually did well apart from putting the ball into his own net.

We need to improve to have a shot of beating Peterhead.

Cowdenbeath were decent enough without doing anything spectacular. Greg Fleming made 4/5 terrific saves to keep us in the game.

Thought Nish made a few strange changes... McDaid and Spence (in my opinion) were the best two players on the pitch. Possibly a defensive change?

All in all, must do better.

Game of two halves. Cowden better in the first; Ayr in the second. Both had chances come off the woodwork. United misplaced so many passes, though. Surface definitely doesn't suit short passing game.

Bought a hot dog after the game and some rando, as he was getting into a car, shouted 'you're food is fucking disgusting'. Quite an odd insult. It's not like I made it.

Nisbet is the top goal scorer of the youth league every year. Baffles me that Mckenzie gets the nod in front of him...

After pre season I thought Nisbet would have been in and around the first team but he hadn't been given a chance against teams in this division yet.

The only time I've seen McKenzie get a decent chance was against Stranraer under Millen when he was decent and held it up very well.

But aye lets write an 18 year old off after half an hour 😂

Not writing him off just can't understand why Nisbet isn't getting a chance.

Who was the ref today? Couldn't wait to get his card out for the softest Cowden foul but an Ayr boy goes in with a leg breaker and gets a stern talking to.

Also thought he'd decided to keep playing until Ayr equalised. No idea where he got all the added time from. He really has had a mare today.

Poorest ref since Hardy, was sure he would give Ayr a penalty. At least he couldn't have disallowed the goal.

The only time I've seen McKenzie get a decent chance was against Stranraer under Millen when he was decent and held it up very well.

But aye lets write an 18 year old off after half an hour

Definitely not writing him off mate, he is a good player... I just think there is better, that haven't been involved. Just personal opinion.

Was more aimed towards the end up in the juniors comment! Appreciate thoughts about Nisbet instead, I've not seen enough from either to comment. Would say that possibly Nisbet requires more time as McKenzie is more physically capable of playing at this level at the moment.

Archived