Stranraer vs. Airdrieonians

Are you for fcucking real

I just don't se point giving up we win on Saturday it goes along way to being safe if stranrear lose the team have a shot at the top 4. It is down the players they can feel sorry for themselves or they can pick themselves up forget contracts and aim to leave Airdrie on a high and opportunity win over fans it's down to the team every single one of them.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are varying levels of 'chucking it' though. None of those players will be going on that park wanting to lose, but if you know you are away at the end of the season then you aren't really going to be caring what league we are in next year, and you are hardly going to be putting yourself at risk of getting injured when you're going to be looking for a new club in a month. I don't blame them for that.

The players have far better chance getting a club if we get 4th it's down to the players now.

I honestly believe that most of the guys in the team are giving it a good shot albeit not bursting a gut for us. Our problems have been there from day one - the quality is not in the side. Look at the fact that our front two strikers have scored about four goals between them at home all season and it pretty much sums it up.

We have been outplayed by just about every side this season and scraped a few wins against the run of play. Hoping for major changes  at the end of the season or I will choose some other way to spend my money. It is the 'entertainment' business we're talking about after all!

I honestly believe that most of the guys in the team are giving it a good shot albeit not bursting a gut for us. Our problems have been there from day one - the quality is not in the side. Look at the fact that our front two strikers have scored about four goals between them at home all season and it pretty much sums it up.

We have been outplayed by just about every side this season and scraped a few wins against the run of play. Hoping for major changes at the end of the season or I will choose some other way to spend my money. It is the 'entertainment' business we're talking about after all!

Two crack pots in the one thread 🤔😤

Would you not keep o,Neil. If Malcolm or Gibson out contract end of this season I would like Airdrie to offer them pre contracts.

Gibson not out of contract he signed a two year deal , why would Gibson and Malcolm want to sign for a poorer side than where they are , wake up

Stranraer were excellent today similar to last home game v Stenny , hope the manager realises that playing one up front doesn't work ( had we played like this v Ayr we would have wiped the floor with them ) we are too good a team to feel we have to defend against any of the teams in this league , you can see the team are now pulling together and playing for each other , apart from Dunfermline I feel we have the best/strongest squad in the league , if we continue playing like that today we could just win promotion , very very good performance . Manager has to get credit for turning things around

Had to feel sorry for the 40 odd Airdrie fans as their team were second in every department and the Diamonds were a well beaten team.After Wullie G scored with a screamer in 30 the game was over and the blues players had the cigars out.No failures in the Stranraer side with Andy Stirling returning to his best and some of the play between Dick,Cairney and Gibson was a joy to behold at times.As for Airdrie 2 shots on goal says it all really and Faria spent most of the first half looking for fouls and his shouts conned the ref at least 3 times,and is finished as a player,same can be said for Lister and Prunts,Father Time has caught up with them.I thought the subbing of David Cox was very strange the only player who seemed to have anything about him,but the visitors were as bad as Stranraer were good.

Dominated all over the park. Couldn't fault any player. What a difference with two up front.

Been critical of Reid but deserves credit for Turner and Kemp. Both youngsters came on and made their mark on the game.

Depending on results next week one win might be enough to secure a play off spot.

Stranraer were excellent today similar to last home game v Stenny , hope the manager realises that playing one up front doesn't work ( had we played like this v Ayr we would have wiped the floor with them ) we are too good a team to feel we have to defend against any of the teams in this league , you can see the team are now pulling together and playing for each other , apart from Dunfermline I feel we have the best/strongest squad in the league , if we continue playing like that today we could just win promotion , very very good performance . Manager has to get credit for turning things around

How many played up front against Stenny?

I just don't se point giving up we win on Saturday it goes along way to being safe if stranrear lose the team have a shot at the top 4. It is down the players they can feel sorry for themselves or they can pick themselves up forget contracts and aim to leave Airdrie on a high and opportunity win over fans it's down to the team every single one of them.

If it's down to the players then we're fvcked.

Archived