Partick Thistle v Dundee United, April 5th (Tuesday), K/O 19:45

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of Frans at the best of times but he must have been carrying that knock prior to the game; that could be an explanation for that abhorrent first half performance.

Infinitely more solid with Miller in there which also eliminated the need for him and Seaborne to cover Frans' incompetence.

And over 10 or 15 yards, there must be few players quicker than Dumbuya. Has to play if he's fit.

As for United, they should have been out of sight if not for some wasteful finishing and some absolutely heroic goalkeeping from Cerny. A lovely subtext to Saturday would be getting it up Fox...

I think United have enough about them to push Killie all the way although they'll need to stop playing a half-fit Demel at right mid.

Frans' injury turned the game in our favour.

Apparently Archie said he was preparing that substitution and Frans' injury forced him to do it a wee bit earlier. Doesn't seem like the kind of sub he'd make but then neither did putting Pogba on for Fraser after his injury.

Not sure if I preferred Demel running straight out the park 3 times in the space of 5 mins or the fact Lawless bossed him despite being half his height

I groaned when Lawless was challenging Demel for a high ball second half... and Lawless somehow managed to put Demel off enough for the ball to bounce when I was expecting a clean header clear. Demel also clearly should have been given a yellow card for a tired lunge second half.

Don't think its a coincidence that Amoo took until the second half before having a real impact with his running, think Utd put a lot of effort and exertion into the first half but were pretty exhausted towards the end, with tired clearances and hoofball forward creeping into their play when they'd been pretty neat and tidy prior.

Archived