Junior football - Debate

Beng24310

Never noticed the net last week when I was there stood at the back with mostly Renfrew supporters I like the place tho the surface is horrendous it's dated and needs replaced don't think it's even 3g

That's because the ball spent most of the time in the air. Was a terrible game to watch. The net in front of the stand is a joke, health and safety gone mad.

Mon the Lok now

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of that has anything to do with the surface though, more to do with how the ground is set up and who it is run by, by the sound of it. We have 3G and the only seats we provide are the plastic school type lol, and dugs are welcome. Woof!

Been to Blackburns old ground in Scottish and the club did well to get the game on that day as it was really wet...there was mega puddles around the terracing.

Don't have problems with some clubs needing artificial but prefer the way Largs and Cumnock are doing it. Where it is laid inside the existing ground rather than planted on the outskirts of town with a wire fence round it and a subutteo stand plonked somewhere random. Has the atmosphere of a windswept graveyard.

Been to Blackburns old ground in Scottish and the club did well to get the game on that day as it was really wet...there was mega puddles around the terracing.

Don't have problems with some clubs needing artificial but prefer the way Largs and Cumnock are doing it. Where it is laid inside the existing ground rather than planted on the outskirts of town with a wire fence round it and a subutteo stand plonked somewhere random. Has the atmosphere of a windswept graveyard.

I was at the game as well, a nice wee win if I recall  :-)

The new ground is next door, and the old pitch is still used for youth games. I agree, better to do what Largs and Cumnock (and Kelty and Broxburn) are doing/done and staying put but laying a new pitch.

You don't know that there isn't any evidence.

There is evidence that the pellets contain toxic chemicals.

There is no smoke without fire.

Well I've read a lot about it when it broke in February, and there is no evidence linking the rubber infill to cancer. None at all. That's not to say further research should not be undertaken, perhaps it should.

"No smoke without fire" is not really the basis to make conclusions!

Also do away with 3G pitches.

They are a monstrosity and a cancer to football.

It also should be protocol that every house that is built should have solar panels installed.

Have you seen the press report about 3G pitches and cancer link?

Regular? Really?

How often does that situation arise?

Be honest now.

We get very regular emails coming into the club website from parents asking if their son or daughter can play for us. We've put a community club link on our home page and so the emails come in. If you don't think there is a problem with the name you're living in la la land. It is utterly confusing for people who are not steeped in their communities.

Toxic chemicals in rubber pellets is enough to make me worry.

No one here is making conclusions apart from you.

I've not made any conclusions, I've merely stated there is no evidence to link 3G pitch infill to cancer. That is factually correct.

Look, you don't like 3G pitches, I get that, let's not go down this particular road as it just derails the thread. It's not all about 3G pitches.

That's because the ball spent most of the time in the air. Was a terrible game to watch. The net in front of the stand is a joke, health and safety gone mad.

Mon the Lok now

so it was there your right it was terrible game

mon the Pace now☺

Scottish football will be starting earlier next season. Let's be done with it. Start the season on 1 Feb and play through to 31 Nov. The midwinter break of December and January is there. No more standing in the pissing rain or trying to get home in the snow at 10pm on a midweek night.

And never mind the 'what about the world cup or euro cups'. This can be worked around. The euros take a break over the christmas new year period, has no one noticed, and the WC/ECh come round every two years, surely we could accomadate that for a few weeks.

Now the term 'juniors'. A distinctly Scottish term, but in the twitter age an anachronism. We of an older age would cling to it, but it has moved on. The Juvenile grade was restyled Youth nearly 30 years ago, surely the Juniors are due a make-over now.

How about "2nd Senior"?

Juniors are due a make-over now.

How about "2nd Senior"?

Why change just to appease the new age idiots? SFA Tried changing the way we played football in the late 80's and 90's see where that got us.

Ffs change for the better not just because folk get confused. At least it gets their attention unlike 2nd Senior :-/

Why change just to appease the new age idiots? SFA Tried changing the way we played football in the late 80's and 90's see where that got us.

Ffs change for the better not just because folk get confused. At least it gets their attention unlike 2nd Senior :-/

Like it or not, Junior IS an anachronism from the Victorians. Clubs' first elevens were the senior men, the cup tie XI, the men who held up the prestige of the club. The 2nd XI were the minor players who, when the seniors weren't available filled the slots. The 3rd XIs, which could be named after the grounds, Underwood XI, Clune Park XI, or in their own right, Morton Amateurs/Juniors, Raith Athletic etc. Nowadays they can play in the senior sphere...

Like it or not, Junior IS an anachronism from the Victorians. Clubs' first elevens were the senior men, the cup tie XI, the men who held up the prestige of the club. The 2nd XI were the minor players who, when the seniors weren't available filled the slots. The 3rd XIs, which could be named after the grounds, Underwood XI, Clune Park XI, or in their own right, Morton Amateurs/Juniors, Raith Athletic etc. Nowadays they can play in the senior sphere...

Sorry mate my brain couldn't work any of that shi*e out. Leave the name the way it is. It annoys folk who don't know the system so it keeps the interest alive. I am confident in saying The Juniors will still be here in 10 years time

I would say it is now time to merge with East of Scotland, South of Scotland and feed into the Lowland League. No need to continue this stand off and embrace the pyramid. Would be great to see Talbot,Pollock, Linlithgow Rose in League 2

What will become of these 3g surfaces in say 10 years time?they will need replacing at some point and I wouldn't like to put a price on that.will they be redundant in say 2026 because the latest trend will be a 9g surface?

And to something completely different........what will the t.v.s we watch football on be like? Or will our 36g phone have a built in 40 inch plasma?

I prefer to call them placebo parks............they are not the real thing.

Sorry mate my brain couldn't work any of that shi*e out. Leave the name the way it is. It annoys folk who don't know the system so it keeps the interest alive. I am confident in saying The Juniors will still be here in 10 years time

Firstly, I don't write shite.

Secondly, I've been researching the history of football from all levels for over 30 years. I love the hobby that I do, please visit the site http://www.scottish-football-historical-archive.co.uk. The history, and record, of junior football that I try to build is there for all to see. Look it up, it is tremendously interesting, to paraphrase a Victorian...

Give me a good astrograss surface over a swampy pitch any day of the week. Unless a grass surface is in top condition then IMO astrograss is always a better alternative. At least you can still play a passing game on it, whereas if a grass pitch starts to get cut up it's a nightmare and levels the teams out.

Secondly, I've been researching the history of football from all levels for over 30 years. I love the hobby that I do, please visit the site http://www.scottish-football-historical-archive.co.uk. The history, and record, of junior football that I try to build is there for all to see. Look it up, it is tremendously interesting, to paraphrase a Victorian...

Firstly no offence but you do as it was the first thing I thought when I read your comments.

Secondly, My hobby is the Juniors fitba mate so no need to be referring to some historical crap that disnae hold any weight in today's game.

There are loads of knowledgeable folk on here who have decent views without stating they research. ;D

That's debatable.

Start a season on 1st Feb, really. By 1st March some teams wouldn't have played a game.

End it on 31st November- looking beyond the glaring mistake here how many cup finals would be getting called off or played terrible weather.

If you look at this season alone, if KRR and Cumbernauld both had 2 games to play going into November, then the season wouldn't have been finished.

That's debatable.

Start a season on 1st Feb, really. By 1st March some teams wouldn't have played a game.

End it on 31st November- looking beyond the glaring mistake here how many cup finals would be getting called off or played terrible weather.

If you look at this season alone, if KRR and Cumbernauld both had 2 games to play going into November, then the season wouldn't have been finished.

Looks like he didn't research that :-D

Archived