Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 9/4/16

But you said he had injured people. Why would you say that if you didn't know for sure it had happened, or could confirm that he'd done so? I'm talking about players who have actually missed games, or game time, because of stuff Goodwin has done to them. You said it yourself: he 'purposefully injures' players. Which ones? (Scott Severin is not an acceptable answer given it was widely accepted to be an innocuous challenge.)

Or were you just talking bollocks? I hope not.

I think you're moving the goalposts now re being a 'cheat' - this isn't what we we were talking about, we were talking about destructive influences in midfield. The anti-footballer, to use your words.

Also, you don't need to tell me to 'accept' anything - if you read my posts, I've been pretty clear that I know Goodwin crosses the line, and that he is finished with us, give or take a couple more games. I have used the words 'c**t' and 'bellendery' to describe him on this very page, FFS.

What rankles is when people who don't understand football don't seem to understand what he has brought to St Mirren in the past, or what players such as Goodwin bring to teams generally.

^^^^^^ Been to Largs for his badges type post

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But you said he had injured people. Why would you say that if you didn't know for sure it had happened, or could confirm that he'd done so? I'm talking about players who have actually missed games, or game time, because of stuff Goodwin has done to them. You said it yourself: he 'purposefully injures' players. Which ones? (Scott Severin is not an acceptable answer given it was widely accepted to be an innocuous challenge.)

Or were you just talking bollocks? I hope not.

I think you're moving the goalposts now re being a 'cheat' - this isn't what we we were talking about, we were talking about destructive influences in midfield. The anti-footballer, to use your words.

Also, you don't need to tell me to 'accept' anything - if you read my posts, I've been pretty clear that I know Goodwin crosses the line, and that he is finished with us, give or take a couple more games. I have used the words 'c**t' and 'bellendery' to describe him on this very page, FFS.

What rankles is when people who don't understand football don't seem to understand what he has brought to St Mirren in the past, or what players such as Goodwin bring to teams generally.

Well no, I said he goes out to try and injure people. Obviously you know that I know that I have no evidence of him actually injuring players. Fair play I can't give evidence on it. However, I have seen him elbow players before which is downright thuggery and the only reason he would do this is to injure players. He never seems to do it to anyone of his size too. It's always younger lads, strange one.

However you've now said that every team should have a 'Jim Goodwin' esque player. Which is fucking absurd. There's no place for him in the modern game. It's pretty clear who knows f**k all about football here and that's you.

Keep backing your husband however...

However you've now said that every team should have a 'Jim Goodwin' esque player. Which is fucking absurd. There's no place for him in the modern game. It's pretty clear who knows f**k all about football here and that's you.

You seem to struggle to distinguish between Jim Goodwin, and Jim Goodwin-esque. 'Like Jim Goodwin' is not the same as 'Jim Goodwin'. It's what I've been trying to illustrate to you, obviously without success. Take out the extensive twattery, and he's been a very good player for us. I very much hope we replace Jim Goodwin with a Jim Goodwin-esque player, albeit one with a better disciplinary record.

Again, for clarity, every team should have a niggly spoiler who breaks up play. Every team should have a player who is capable of captaining their side to a national cup win. Maybe Falkirk's lack of the former explains your lack of the latter.

You seem to struggle to distinguish between Jim Goodwin, and Jim Goodwin-esque. 'Like Jim Goodwin' is not the same as 'Jim Goodwin'. It's what I've been trying to illustrate to you, obviously without success. Take out the extensive twattery, and he's been a very good player for us. I very much hope we replace Jim Goodwin with a Jim Goodwin-esque player, albeit one with a better disciplinary record.

Again, for clarity, every team should have a niggly spoiler who breaks up play. Every team should have a player who is capable of captaining their side to a national cup win. Maybe Falkirk's lack of the former explains your lack of the latter.

Essentially what I'm trying to say is, Jim Goodwin is a c*nt that shouldn't be near a football field. That good enough for you. I hope you do replace him. So you can continue to struggle in the lower half of the second tier and gift is 11 points out of 12 next season too, that is if we don't get promoted. I wish we had a thug in our team :)

You really don't get that we've been a division above you, and won a trophy, for the majority of time that Goodwin has been at our club, do you?

Again, because if I say this stuff enough it might sink in: our current predicament has little-to-nothing to do with Jim Goodwin's relative merits/flaws as a footballer.

I wish we didn't have a thug in our team because then we could have won f**k all like Falkirk.  :1eye

and gift is 11 points out of 12 next season too

Edit: how did you reach 11 points?!  :1eye  :1eye

Niggly spoiler.....!!

Scott Mckenzie in midfield was that but Goodwin is not niggly, I think his disciplinary record shows he was past niggle. I suppose He is one of those players tho that is hated when against you, whilst when he is in your 11, you will like/love him. MacKinnon at Hamilton a similar ilk.

Goodwin seemed to be more reserved when he was in a holding role, not disputing there is a player in there but it's not a surprise the reaction when he comes on as a sub and plays bustling midfielder who I think had three bad fouls,a shot at goal and an extreme time waste ploy all in about 10mins

The problem to a certain extent is these players tend to rely on their thuggery side more and more the older they get to make up for an increasing lack of pace and ability. Guys like mensing, goodwin etc go from being decent players with a bit of serious dig to being simply dirty b*****ds with little attempt to play any football.

The problem to a certain extent is these players tend to rely on their thuggery side more and more the older they get to make up for an increasing lack of pace and ability. Guys like mensing, goodwin etc go from being decent players with a bit of serious dig to being simply dirty b*****ds with little attempt to play any football.

That was all very acceptable up until the 90s.

The hatchet man going round kicking ballers has no place in 2016 football.

Still remember the shock when half the Dutch team tried that pish v Spain in the final.

We actually have a decent tradition of them: Jim, Hugh Murray, Andy Millen and Tommy Turner. All flawed legends. It's surprising Scott McKenzie didn't get on better at Saints; he was obviously brilliant for you.

re-wrote the books when he dropped back to sweeper in a back three, he was superb in that role. He'd go unnoticed most weeks in midfield, tho when not there, you realised what he did.

I think Scott McKenzie got sent off once in his career and was around three bookings a season on average.

Ive just realised Goodwin is only 34, I thot he was older, is there no chance he will be signed for next year on a lesser wage ?

We all love a panto villain to boo

Out my depth like the buddies have been against the Bairns this year? Ouch.

Yes, exactly like that.

re-wrote the books when he dropped back to sweeper in a back three, he was superb in that role. He'd go unnoticed most weeks in midfield, tho when not there, you realised what he did.

I think Scott McKenzie got sent off once in his career and was around three bookings a season on average.

Ive just realised Goodwin is only 34, I thot he was older, is there no chance he will be signed for next year on a lesser wage ?

We all love a panto villain to boo

The feeling is that Rae doesn't like Goodwin (some would have you believe it relates to their respective 'big' teams but that's almost certainly bollocks).

Either way, I think JG's time at Saints is done. If he can't keep the head in the limited game time he's got (as demonstrated on Saturday) then he'll become even more of a liability. On playing ability alone, I reckon he could screen a back four at lower-Championship level next season, but I wouldn't give him a new deal.

Our squad needs a total refresh, so JG and Thommo need to go, along with several others. I just hope we spend the £25k Dundee give us for Mallan wisely.

It's always a treat seeing Coventry Saint and Lex make an utter mess of themselves defending Goodwin. Ignore what Bairns are saying about him and read the comments from neutrals in the thread who were at the game.

Yes he won a cup with you (and I was chuffed St Mirren won it) but it doesn't make the guy any less of a c**t when he steps on the pitch. There was no footballing intent in anything he tried on Saturday.

It was as sad a sight as it was seeing Thommo scrapping his life out in vain the second time we took 3 off you earlier in the season.

It's always a treat seeing Coventry Saint and Lex make an utter mess of themselves defending Goodwin. Ignore what Bairns are saying about him and read the comments from neutrals in the thread who were at the game.

Yes he won a cup with you (and I was chuffed St Mirren won it) but it doesn't make the guy any less of a c**t when he steps on the pitch. There was no footballing intent in anything he tried on Saturday.

It was as sad a sight as it was seeing Thommo scrapping his life out in vain the second time we took 3 off you earlier in the season.

Jim_You_Seem_Upset_GIF.jpg

Show me where I've posted anything that contradicts what you've said when it comes to Saturday's game.

I've broadly acknowledged his cuntishness, in fact.

No mess here.

Show me where I've posted anything that contradicts what you've said when it comes to Saturday's game.

I've broadly acknowledged his cuntishness, in fact.

No mess here.

Hands up, in including you with Lex I have myself made an utter mess of it.

My upmost apologies. With further investigation (i.e. reading your post properly) I see you are utter consistent in your acknowledgement of Goodwin's obvious failings.

Lex though, oh my.

Archived