Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 9/4/16

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have Falkirk ever had an anti footballer sitting in the middle?

I'm struggling to remember us ever having a Goodwin or a Mensing.

Thought only diddy teams did that

Aye the Rangers should sack the midfield of their title winning team and get Ian black and lee mcculloch back in the middle. Doing it all so wrong.

Aye the Rangers should sack the midfield of their title winning team and get Ian black and lee mcculloch back in the middle. Doing it all so wrong.

Rangers were lucky to have £17k a week Lee (elbows) McCulloch in the seaside league.

Remember how happy they were he stayed :lol::lol:

Scott MacKenzie was the most anti football player I have ever seen play for us, for the simple reason he couldn't play football and I've seen some utter dross in the stripes. He's right near the top off diddyness and a bigot, but was brilliant for Falkirk!

Scott MacKenzie was the most anti football player I have ever seen play for us, for the simple reason he couldn't play football and I've seen some utter dross in the stripes. He's right near the top off diddyness and a bigot, but was brilliant for Falkirk!

He was an ever-present the year we finished 5th in the Premiership.

Ridiculous. Kept it simple on the ball but he wasn't a clogger by any stretch.

Guest Back Post Misses

Away and lie down in a dark room

Guest Back Post Misses

Have Falkirk ever had an anti footballer sitting in the middle?

I'm struggling to remember us ever having a Goodwin or a Mensing.

Thought only diddy teams did that

Ian Oliver

Fair play with the time wasting but aye sure everyone should follow the steps of st Mirren and employ a twat with very little footballing ability to go out and purposefully injure much more talented and outright better players. I can see it's worked wonders for you lot. Sitting a wonderful 7th in the second tier of Scottish football. I'll give Bayern Munich a phone call the now and tell them their doing it wrong.

1) How many people has Jim Goodwin injured? Genuine question, as you clearly know.

2) Jim Goodwin being in our squad is not the reason we're 7th in the second tier. In fact, he's been injured/not selected all season, so perhaps the opposite is true.

3) Do Bayern Munich not play with defensive midfielders? Do Brazil? Do Germany? Do Barcelona? I clearly wasn't just talking about Goodwin, obviously, and perhaps 'anti footballing machine' was a bit strong, but every team needs a destructive holding midfielder. The best will offer much more to their game - N'Golo Kante, Sergio Busquets - but we are not at the top of the Spanish or English league. Therefore midfield destroyers within our range are going to be more limited.

Obviously not every team can play the Falkirk way and achieve the same levels of success that you guys are clearly enjoying, so we resort to more primitive, diddy team measures.

Comparing Jim Goodwin to Kante and Busquets :lol: :lol:

Because that's exactly what I was doing. Get a grip, mate.

If you can't follow words and the thread of a debate, I'd politely suggest you're out your depth and need to bow out.

Busquets is a total c**t of a footballer as well, so that's probably a fair comparison tbh 

Actually, not a bad shout: in terms of anti-football, you only need to see him drop to the floor clutching his face yet again, as well as the response he provokes from rival fans, to see, character-wise, he and Goodwin aren't miles apart.

But just for the benefits of those whose comprehension isn't so good, talent wise, they are galaxies away from each other. Just to be clear.

1) How many people has Jim Goodwin injured? Genuine question, as you clearly know.

2) Jim Goodwin being in our squad is not the reason we're 7th in the second tier. In fact, he's been injured/not selected all season, so perhaps the opposite is true.

3) Do Bayern Munich not play with defensive midfielders? Do Brazil? Do Germany? Do Barcelona? I clearly wasn't just talking about Goodwin, obviously, and perhaps 'anti footballing machine' was a bit strong, but every team needs a destructive holding midfielder. The best will offer much more to their game - N'Golo Kante, Sergio Busquets - but we are not at the top of the Spanish or English league. Therefore midfield destroyers within our range are going to be more limited.

Obviously not every team can play the Falkirk way and achieve the same levels of success that you guys are clearly enjoying, so we resort to more primitive, diddy team measures.

I'm glad you accept that we are the better and far superior side to yourself. I wouldn't personally know how many people goodwins injured over the years. I can remember him being banned for games at a time for punching and elbowing his way through players more talented than himself. He's a thug, just accept it. Sure teams have limited defensive midfielders. I don't see anyone else with such a infamous reputation of being a cheat. Just because their shit at football doesn't give them a pass to kick and elbow f**k out of everything that moves.

I wouldn't personally know how many people goodwins injured over the years.

But you said he had injured people. Why would you say that if you didn't know for sure it had happened, or could confirm that he'd done so? I'm talking about players who have actually missed games, or game time, because of stuff Goodwin has done to them. You said it yourself: he 'purposefully injures' players. Which ones? (Scott Severin is not an acceptable answer given it was widely accepted to be an innocuous challenge.)

Or were you just talking bollocks? I hope not.

I think you're moving the goalposts now re being a 'cheat' - this isn't what we we were talking about, we were talking about destructive influences in midfield. The anti-footballer, to use your words.

Also, you don't need to tell me to 'accept' anything - if you read my posts, I've been pretty clear that I know Goodwin crosses the line, and that he is finished with us, give or take a couple more games. I have used the words 'c**t' and 'bellendery' to describe him on this very page, FFS.

What rankles is when people who don't understand football don't seem to understand what he has brought to St Mirren in the past, or what players such as Goodwin bring to teams generally.

Archived