Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 9/4/16

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim Goodwin staying in our half to tie his laces after St Mirrens second to time waste... Complete and utter thug.

Jim Goodwin tied up his laces? Complete thug, indeed.

Probably crossed the line into common assault punishable by law, there. I hope the police are looking at it.

Jim Goodwin tied up his laces? Complete thug, indeed.

Probably crossed the line into common assault punishable by law, there. I hope the police are looking at it.

Aye... but anyway, I think it's quite clear he was time wasting for to scrape a point against the mighty Bairns. He was brought on to elbow and kick anything that moved. Getting booked almost immediately. He's a thug mate. Was not a bad player a few years ago but has always been an anti footballing machine.

Loving the way St Mirren fans aren't embarrassed how far they've fell.

From League cup winners playing decent stuff to acting like a junior team and even though the game was meaningless to them, still adopted anti football tactics.

What a riddy for them.

Goodwin has been injured for months and has been kept on a leash by Rae, sounds like when he was finally let off the leash on Saturday he was like a rabid dug.

He was our best performer before the injury but we have performed well and moved on without him. Looks like he'll be getting released in the summer.

From League cup winners playing decent stuff to acting like a junior team and even though the game was meaningless to them, still adopted anti football tactics.

What a riddy for them.

We don't care anymore, can you blame us? :P

Anyway it's a riddy for Falkirk finishing above us for the first time in god knows how long.

We don't care anymore, can you blame us? :P

Anyway it's a riddy for Falkirk finishing above us for the first time in god knows how long.

Yes. I'm very embarrassed by that.

I assume normal service will resume for the next 10 or so years.

Jim Goodwin staying in our half to tie his laces after St Mirrens second to time waste made our 3rd even sweeter imo. The man should just retire at the end of the season. Complete and utter thug.

thug?

was it steel toe dock martin's he had on?

What a riddy for them.

Junior team ?

No need for that, a junior team would never resort to such deplorable tactics, such as tying their laces.

That alone should at least be a 6 match ban for Goodwin.

Yes. I'm very embarrassed by that.

I assume normal service will resume for the next 10 or so years.

Normal service :lol:

What exactly are you basing that on? Because it certainly isn't reality.

Guest Back Post Misses

really looking forward to playing falkirk next season.

Clearly enjoy reemings from the migchty!

Aye... but anyway, I think it's quite clear he was time wasting for to scrape a point against the mighty Bairns. He was brought on to elbow and kick anything that moved. Getting booked almost immediately. He's a thug mate. Was not a bad player a few years ago but has always been an anti footballing machine.

Re timewasting: You write this as if you've never watched a game of football in your life. We came back twice to a drawing position against a (let's face it) superior team. f**k, I saw Leicester trying to timewaste on Sunday and they're going to win the league. It goes on everywhere. My only regret is that it didn't work and we still lost the game.

Re the 'thuggery': yes, his actions frequently cross the line into outright bellendery, but they are frequently massively exaggerated by sensitive souls in the opposition support. I'm not saying you're doing this - I have no doubt he knows his Saints career is winding down and I bet his head has gone as badly as his legs have. But the famous incidents against Ross County were laughably much ado about nothing, for example.

Finally, though, the bit in bold: every team should have an anti-footballing machine at the base of their midfield. Our biggest problem for many years in the top flight was not that we had Jim Goodwin, but that we didn't have two of him. He was moved to centre half a LOT and that left our midfield light and easy to walk over.

I can only hope we manage to replace Jim Goodwin with someone who is just as big a c**t and who opposition fans hate with equal vehemence.  :angel 

Finally, though, the bit in bold: every team should have an anti-footballing machine at the base of their midfield.

Fair play with the time wasting but aye sure everyone should follow the steps of st Mirren and employ a twat with very little footballing ability to go out and purposefully injure much more talented and outright better players. I can see it's worked wonders for you lot. Sitting a wonderful 7th in the second tier of Scottish football. I'll give Bayern Munich a phone call the now and tell them their doing it wrong.

Archived