Airdrie Relocating

Our fans went nuts when it was rumoured a few seasons ago about going gliftonhill now hear some fans says would be happy going their. I think tw can do a few things made stadium owners offer which he feels is his best offer if they reject find land in Airdrie where could build small stadium but in time build it up as we progress. Right now stadium owners get good rent money and I think they also make money of advertisement boards food drink etc force their hand if they don't budge build a couple thousand seater stadium if we get promoted add a stand. Yes if stadium owners dont sell its going cost us Money but in long term it's a better financial decision. Also if stadium owners dont sell could be decision they regret as could give them a bad name and also do Airdrie fans think stadium owners keep the stadium clean and in good condition I dont think they do also they already have gave themselves a bad name for charging the school for using car park if stadium owners care about club get on board if you are not name your price for Airdrie stadium and be reasonable. Stadium owners think will have decision make soon.

With each and every post you appear more and more insane.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like TW is calling stadium groups bluff which if I was in his position I'd do exactly the same. Ground may be profitable with Airdrie in it but I'd imagine they cobtribute a sizeable portion of turnover and without them they would run at a loss.

No proof of that just a guess. Threaten to walk stadium company buckle & Airdrie get stadium below market price.

People saying they should build near town centre. I might be wrong but where is there any land near town centre. If there was then Morrisons/Safeway would have built there instead of buying Broomfield

Looks like TW is calling stadium groups bluff which if I was in his position I'd do exactly the same. Ground may be profitable with Airdrie in it but I'd imagine they cobtribute a sizeable portion of turnover and without them they would run at a loss.

No proof of that just a guess. Threaten to walk stadium company buckle & Airdrie get stadium below market price.

People saying they should build near town centre. I might be wrong but where is there any land near town centre. If there was then Morrisons/Safeway would have built there instead of buying Broomfield

Their is land in Airdrie fields next to gartlea and cairnhill all I am saying on here is something going to give tw won't be messed about rightly so.

OK, Stadium owners call the bluff and then what? Airdrie are stuck in the exact same situation, only now they're further away from Airdrie, still getting no benefit from the stadium and now they're getting smaller crowds. The stadium owner can probably hold out longer in such a situation than what Airdrie can.

Airdrie move stadium and they die, I ken it, you ken it.

post-13347-14598172112569_thumb.jpg

Their is land in Airdrie fields next to gartlea and cairnhill all I am saying on here is something going to give tw won't be messed about rightly so.

Cool story bro, where you getting the money to buy the land and build a stadium? How do you rate your chances of getting outside funding from say the council when you'll be vacating what will be in there eyes, a perfectly good stadium?

TW is at the mercy of whoever owns the stadium, he won't sell it on the cheap because it's making him money, TW tries to uproot your club and have you playing at Hamilton you'll probably die. And you still won't have your own stadium at the end of it.

I appreciate that Airdrie fans having spent so long in the wilderness will show any affection to any guy who comes in and tries something different, I can't help but get the feeling that this guy is trouble, a few years and he'll have bolted leaving Airdrie in a worse state than when he walked in.

Our fans went nuts when it was rumoured a few seasons ago about going gliftonhill now hear some fans says would be happy going their. I think tw can do a few things made stadium owners offer which he feels is his best offer if they reject find land in Airdrie where could build small stadium but in time build it up as we progress. Right now stadium owners get good rent money and I think they also make money of advertisement boards food drink etc force their hand if they don't budge build a couple thousand seater stadium if we get promoted add a stand. Yes if stadium owners dont sell its going cost us Money but in long term it's a better financial decision. Also if stadium owners dont sell could be decision they regret as could give them a bad name and also do Airdrie fans think stadium owners keep the stadium clean and in good condition I dont think they do also they already have gave themselves a bad name for charging the school for using car park if stadium owners care about club get on board if you are not name your price for Airdrie stadium and be reasonable. Stadium owners think will have decision make soon.

Really don't think building another stadium is a realistic option unless we were sharing with the Rovers then you might get permission from the council probably somewhere in Coatbridge.In any case i don't think TW has a spare 10 million.He probably could redevelop Cliftonville for 50% or 51% of the ground but that is a non starter for most of us.

So at the end of the day I think it's the stadium company who are in the strongest position and I'm pretty certain well be playing there for as long as we have a team.

Bill Barr should've known this would happen.

To be fair, the Shyberry (or whatever) is nowhere near the worst "modern" stadium enforced by panicked legislature and the old Broomfield with the mad pavilion has its place in my heart. Airdrie have historically (at least in the 90's) fared better than my team but have been victims of the stadium fascism that has seen fans from various clubs drift away (let's gloss over the vagaries of league reconstruction working inevitably in Airdrie's favour). f**k knows what kind of crowd a misfiring League 2 Ayr United out in Heathfield might attract.

In conclusion - I feel your pain.

But I still hate you.

IMO if TW is calling the stadium owners bluff he's playing a dangerous game ,as I think if he takes us to Hamilton or anywhere else, we wouldn't be out the door 5 mins and Gartcairn Juniors and all there youth teams would move in

Well said Airdrie stadium is nice but when club struggled to get land where we are the now is the best we could get but I feel if stadium was in centre of town we would generate a bigger gate.

Where was your old ground Broomfield in comparsion to where current ground is

OK, Stadium owners call the bluff and then what? Airdrie are stuck in the exact same situation, only now they're further away from Airdrie, still getting no benefit from the stadium and now they're getting smaller crowds. The stadium owner can probably hold out longer in such a situation than what Airdrie can.

Airdrie move stadium and they die again, I ken it, you ken it.

attachicon.gif1459817211004.jpg

FTFY

Are you having a laugh I have been to brechin and seen a cow behibd your main stand.

That cow was a horse. 

How would seing a cow behind a stand have absolutely any bearing on your day?

Can you imagine the trauma of going on your first away trip and encountering a horse / cow  for the first time ?    Would have a lasting effect. 

Archived