Best 'Scenes' At The Football

BinoBalls

Involved in:

Probably Motherwell coming back from two down at Tynecastle, was the first game since Phil O'Donnell had tragically died. Chris Porter at the double, was very emotional.

Oppositon:

Leeds snatching the League 1 playoff semi final against Carlisle, poised at 2-2 on aggregate and Johnny Howson fired home from the edge of the box in the 90th minute to break Carlisle hearts.

On TV:

The Liverpool champions league final and Man City PL win would take some beating. I watched the Sevco v 'Well playoff first leg on the TV and my living room was mayhem for the duration. The second leg gets an honorable mention for point one.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stenhousemuir last year towards the end of the season when we were losing 2-0 with 10 minutes go and turned it around was pretty spectacular.

I would probably have to say Peterhead in the winner takes all last game to get out the 3rd division when bannerman scored the winner. In fact, Chris Millar actually hit the side netting at one point in that game and the scenes were mental until we realised we hadn't actually scored. Place was absolutely packed.

Celtic Park when Imrie scored was bedlum as well

For Scotland there are a few as well. Ireland last year was superb, made better by the paddies dotted around the home end who had to sit and bear us all going nuts around them. Seemed to be extended scenes that one, probably just because of the importance at the time and the fact it always seemed like 1 goal would be enough to win the game for either side.

I actually never got a ticket to the decider against Italy but that looked amazing. I was in the garage watching on the big screens and the place was chaos, drink absolutely everywhere and the whole place going mental.

Can't really think of any opposition scenes at the moment but TV has to be the Watford game, absolutely unreal.

Involved in:

Andreu's goal against Hibs. All I could see was the ball being cut back and then everyone going fucking mental. It really was something else.

McManus' goal against Liechtenstein certainly falls into the #scenes category. The only thing was the fact that we needed a last-minute goal to beat Liechtenstein was a bit of a minter.

Opposition:

Cowdenbeath coming back from a goal down against us to win 3-1 to stay up and avoid the play-offs. It was the last game of the season and we had one every game under Neil, and hadn't conceded in 8. They tore us apart in the second half.

The following season against Cowdenbeath when we thought MAC had won the game to put us top in the last minute, but they scored a minute later. Ended up with a hole load of folk scrapping on the terraces which then spilled out onto the car park as well.

Motherwell beating us 4-0 last season after we had won the other 3 derbies.

Belgium qualifying for the WC at Hampden.

On TV:

Aguero's goal to win the league.

Troy Deeney against Leicester in the play-offs.

Crystal Palace's comeback to draw 3-3 with Livepool and kill all of their hopes of winning the league.

Marvin Johnson's/cammy bellends screwup vs rangers in the 2nd leg of the playoff. The ball scoots up into the air, there's a moment of realisation that it's heading towards the goal, then cammy shuts his eyes, fluffs it and the ground erupts. It's the most mental celebration I've been part of a combination of relief, joy, surprise, hilarity and GIRFUY.  My keys got passed back from about 4 rows down a few minutes later.

Michael Higdon's offside goal against Levante. Went absolutely mental for this, didn't realise it had been called offside untli about 10 mins later XD.

The best scenes I've seen on TV would have to be Troy Deeny vs Leicester playoffs, double save at the penalty, runs up, 96th minute winner, top aff, into the crowd, fans on the pitch, manager on his arse. Just had everything

6-6 against hibs and the last minute winner vs aberdeen looked phenomenal, gutted to have missed those.

Best Scenes You've been Involved In

Raith 1-2 Saints 99/00. About 8 games to in the title race, we were 2nd favourites for relegation that season. Raith were down to 10 men but went ahead with 5 minutes to go then Mark Yardley and Junior Mendes scored 2 goals in 2 minutes. Honestly I can't describe the mayhem that went on in the away end. There will have been a few broken bones that's for sure.

Falkirk 1-1 Saints. We were down to 10 men and staring relegation in the face (again) but a late O'Donnell equaliser sparked scenes in the sold out away end, i'll let the video describe it.

Beating Celtic 4-0 

Being 2 down but coming back to win 3-2 against Motherwell (twice) to stave off relegation was mental too, we were effectively relegated at half time before the come back.

Best Scenes You've Seen From The Opposition 

Probably Thistle winning the First Division title in Paisley, only time I think I've witnessed an opposing team doing that. 

Best Scenes On Tv

Don Hutchinson scoring to put us 1-0 up at Wembley and hauling us back into the tie to set us up for another glorious failure.

Germany 7-1, Man U 1999, Liverpool-Milan and Aguero were all iconic moments though but the Hutchinson goal actually meant something to me so that pips them.

Best Scenes You've Been Involved In

• The best for me is Dougie Imrie slamming it down the middle at Celtic Park when we beat them 1-0 in extra time a couple of years ago. An unreal noise coming from our end when the ball hit the net, then again at FT hearing "We're Greenock Morton, We're Better Than You" ring round the empty seats at Celtic Park.
  • Could pick out a few moments from last season in League 1. We came from behind to win a ridiculous amount of times last season but the two that stick out for me are Ayr at Cappielow - 1-0 down with roughly 4 mins to go then Ross Forbes curls in an effort from the edge of the box to make it 2-1 to the ton. I'd say the result against Stenhousemuir at home was the best though. 2-0 down with 10 to go, Stefan McCluskey nods in the 3rd in the last minute - a lot of fans had left after we went 2-0 down but the scenes in the Cowshed were great.
  • Stefan McCluskey robbing the ball off Rob Kiernan then producing a great finish to put us 2-1 up at Ibrox was also quite special. It finished 2-2 but the utter rage that came from either side of us and getting it right up the Sevco fans was spectacular, something that will stay long in the memory :lol:
  • I also went to the Celtic game (as a neutral :ph34r: ) against Shaktar Karagandy where they were 2-0 down on aggregate and won 3-0 in the 2nd leg. Good scenes when the 3rd went in.

Best Scenes You've Seen From Opposition

• Nothing particularly sticks out, we've had a few embarrassing results over the years. I'd say James Craigen scoring in the 1-0 loss at Firhill in what effectively was a title decider was the best scenes I've seen from opposition.

Best Scenes On TV

• The best i've seen is Aguero's winner against QPR. I'll never forget that moment, and it'll take something truly special to beat it.

I forgot Martin Scott's goal in the 88th minute to make it 2-0 in the Scottish Cup semi final, and then just a succession of Ole Ole Ole everytime a County player passed the ball against the unwashed.

The 2015 Scottish Cup final when James Vincent slotted home.  I had some random fat kid the row in front of me in a headlock.  Couldn't have been more than 14.

Richie Foran's 146th minute overhead kick to make it 4-3 at home to Raith Rovers in about March 2010.  That was the point I knew we were going straight back up to the SPL.  People everywhere, folk ending up 4 rows forward from where they began, a bleeding nose from a random flying elbow from someone for yours truly as well.  Was v v sore IMO.

It meant nothing to ICT as we were safe weeks before, but former ICT winger Barry Robson's 90th minute penalty in the last game of the 04/05 season to save United and at the same time relegate Dundee.  The explosion of orange from the other end of the park looked pretty good.  Again, looked like bodies everywhere.

Best Scenes On Tv

United in the Camp Nou in 1999 against Bayern Munich.

Troy Deeney for Watford against Leicester City 3 or 4 years back in the Championship play-off semi final.  I vividly remember shouting 'fucking scenes!' at the top of my voice as that went in.

Involving us - for us beating Rangers 3-0 in the Scottish cup. Coming back from 2-0 at tynie this year. Tam Mcmanus last min winner rugby park to send us to hampden and beating Rangers on pens to send us to the league cup final.

Worst, scott McDonald day with they c***s in the away end. Can't be beaten.

Involving us - for us beating Rangers 3-0 in the Scottish cup. Coming back from 2-0 at tynie this year. Tam Mcmanus last min winner rugby park to send us to hampden and beating Rangers on pens to send us to the league cup final.

Worst, scott McDonald day with they c***s in the away end. Can't be beaten.

Never went that mental before in my lifetime watching Hibs. Woke up with a sore throat and a few bruises the following morning. 

Never went that mental before in my lifetime watching Hibs. Woke up with a sore throat and a few bruises the following morning.

:lol: beating them 2-1 at Tynie with Garry O and a deano winner was just as good but the Scottish match was special!

Best Scenes You've Been Involved In

• Coming back from 2-0 down this season at Tynecastle in the cup. Never went that mental in my lifetime watching HIbs.
  • Doyle's equaliser in the 4-3 semi against Falkirk. 
  • Stevenson's winner against Rangers last season at Ibrox.
  • Luna's 2nd in the AEK home game. Easter Road erupted that night
  • Maloney's goal against Ireland and Fletcher's goal against Poland

Best Scenes You've Seen From Opposition 

• Hamilton fans after beating us on pens at Easter Road

Best Scenes On TV

• Liverpool coming back from 3-0 at half-time in the final against AC Milan
  • Motherwell's play-off games against Rangers last season
  • Aguero's winning goal
  • Germany 7-1 Brazil
  • Gerrard v Olympiakos

Harald Brattbakk scoring the second v St Johnstone to win the league in 1998. I was 16 at the time and had never seen Celtic win the league, and never expected to the way Rangers went about things back then.

Celtic's second equaliser in Seville.

Mark Hailstones overhead kick in the last minute away to Blairgowrie in the Scottish Cup in 2008 when we were down to 9 men. The whole day out was tremendous, the winner celebrated like we'd won the Champions League and the journey home a bit of a blur.

Chris Mackie's equaliser v Talbot in the Cup Final, ended up several seats and a few rows away from where I was when he met Charlie Hobbs cross. I lost a trainer but luckily someone found it not long after.

ICT at Celtic Park when they won 3-1 in the Scottish Cup. Not many of them but they were going absolutely mental when the 3rd goal went in. Would have loved to have been in that end at the time.

YB Bern v Aarau a couple of season back. About 1000 of them packed into the away end at Brugglifeld, pumped us 5-1 and the fans were going absolutely mental for the full 90 minutes, with a fairly substantial and elaborate fireworks display flung in. Calling it pyro would not do it justice. Spent more time watching the away end than I did the game.

Best Scenes On Tv

United in the Camp Nou in 1999 against Bayern Munich. Main memory of watching that is Sammy Kuffour punching f**k out the ground after the final whistle. Guy looked beyond gutted.

Liverpool v AC Milan. Can't really add to what others have said there.

Rivaldo scoring a hat trick and that overhead kick v Valencia on the last day of the season circa 2001. Outstanding game all round topped off by one of the best in the game at his very best.

ETA: The Hibs fans doing Sunshine on Leith after they beat Killie 5-1. Nothing to add to that one as I couldn't do it justice.

That was my first time seeing us beat them at Tynecastle. _41031313_shielsceleb203b.jpg:wub:

Me too. That's why it's a personal fav. In a week we beat Celtic and Hearts away and lost at him to Livi 😂😂

The answer is Easter Road, May 2005.

11 years and it still eats away at the b*****ds.

Hibs?  Don't think they were that bothered m-eight.

Archived