Best 'Scenes' At The Football

BinoBalls

I read an Inverness fan posting it was great earlier. Thought I was just being bitter when I looked over from my North stand seat and it just seemed like Cricket fans from Caley.

I nearly fell down the stairs when we equalised.

A Dunfermline fan I know who attended told me it looked terrible when they won. Like the Old firm fans who barely care.

There was #scenes in my section for sure.  But we were expected to win so it was probably more relief than anything else.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tv wise mcfadden v France. ...whole pub was silent for almost a full second before realising yeah he really had scored. In almost counter scenes same pub for the iwelumo fubar v Norway. ...whole place going mental as he'd scored when we really really needed a goal for silence to gradually descend as we saw scoreline hadn't changed then furious invective at ref cos it was never off side to stunned silence at replay showing the miss.....apart from a giant Norwegian lad sat at bar laughing his tadger off.

Tv wise mcfadden v France. ...whole pub was silent for almost a full second before realising yeah he really had scored. In almost counter scenes same pub for the iwelumo fubar v Norway. ...whole place going mental as he'd scored when we really really needed a goal for silence to gradually descend as we saw scoreline hadn't changed then furious invective at ref cos it was never off side to stunned silence at replay showing the miss.....apart from a giant Norwegian lad sat at bar laughing his tadger off.

You could clearly see it went wide at the time.  Based on it fact that the ball wasn't in the back of the net, and of course, that it went wide.

Micheal Thomas against Liverpool in 89 must be the best tv moment. I'd put it way above Agueros goal.

Definitely. The top 2 playing each other in the last game of the season. Live on a ITV Friday night. Injury time title decider.

None of Sky's nonsense.

Now if only John Barnes had taken it into the corner...

The best scenes I've seen from other fans:

- Dundee Utd at Firhill in 2003 when they beat us to secure their survival at Motherwell's expense* Absolute mayhem. Bodies all over the stairs and some made it onto the pitch.

- Milwall at Upton Park in 2012. They only had about 1000 tickets but when the equaliser went in, the noise was unreal.

- Rangers at Firhill in 2002. 2 late goals to win them a game they didn't deserve to win, thanks to a cheating referee. Their celebrations showed how much they knew they'd got away with one.

- Dundee fans at Dens in their 'Deefiance' season. Last minute winner in front of about 8 or 9 thousand fans. Place was bouncing.

Thistle scenes:

The recent, obvious ones of 2012/13 have already been mentioned, so...

Tannadice in 2002 - Last minute equaliser in a run of the mill game. The place went mental.

Ibrox - 2008 - When we went 1-0 up in the Scottish Cup against the old Rangers. 3500 of us went fucking nuts.

Gretna - 2006. 0-3 down with around 12 mins left. Finished 3-3. The scenes following Graham Dorrans' equaliser was one of the few highlights of a dark period for our club.

Probably the best out of our most recent promotion season was the Airdrie game the Saturday after the "decisive" Morton game when we came from 1-0 down after 89 minutes to win 2-1, when the second went in pretty much all of the players just lost their shit and ran off individually into the crowd / to the dugout rather than rush to the goalscorer.

failing that, the 92nd minute equaliser in the playoff final vs Peterhead in 2006.

Peterhead was nuts. I dread to think where we'd be if that Billy Gibson free kick hadn't bounced off somebody's arse into the net. There was such a bad feeling around the club back then, another season in that division could genuinely have ended us as anything resembling a "big" club.

There's a video on Youtube called the greatest comeback of all time (roughly) and is well worth a watch.  13 minutes to play in a big relegation match between us and Stirling Albion  and we're 3-0 down.  Mark Ramsay scores a screamer and then Greg Stewart wins a dodgy penalty. Red card and 3-2.  In the last minute a Stirling defender headers the ball off his own bar and Archie Campbell nods in an equaliser. Utter scenes. Nothing will ever top it.

1 minute later Davie Hay launches a punt up the pitch which the Stirling defence allow to bounce. Stewart takes a touch and slots the ball into the net to make it 4-3.  Mini pitch invasion and just utter bedlam.

Other ones for Cowden?  John Dempster scoring to put us 1-0 up away to Dunfermline in our first league meeting for almost 2 decades.  We were crammed in a small section of the north stand and the place just went bananas.

Greg Stewart scoring after 13 seconds v Hibs in the Scottish Cup.  Ended up about 5 rows further forward and managed to hurt my ankle.  Was doing the club tweets at the time and could only utter "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL" for about 5 minutes :lol:

James McFadden v Holland. Ooft

For us the best was the playoff game at Peterhead.

Both Billy Gibson's game winner and the winning penalty.

The best opposition scenes were in the final Dunfermline game in our promotion season.

Delirium to abject fury in 5 minutes.

The best opposition scenes were in the final Dunfermline game in our promotion season.

Delirium to abject fury in 5 minutes.

That was absolutely hilarious. Given the way they conceded two late goals to us and then lost to an absolutely honking Airdrie the next week I'm not sure it shouldn't be "Par'd it" instead of "Hibs'd it"...

Best involved in:

- Both Morton games at home during the 2006/07 season.

- The home play off final vs Airdrie during the same season. 2-0 down till late on then we brought it back to 2-2.

- Beating Sevco while being the worst team in the league.

- Cunningham's goal that won us promotion up at East Fife.

- Andy Grahams goal to equalise vs Cowden after being 3-0 at half time, all but won us the league that goal!

Opposition:

- Cowden when we threw away a 3-0 lead to lose 4-3.

On TV:

- Beatties goal vs Celtic while playing with Hertz

- Leeds beating Man United at Old Trafford, a good 6 years ago

There's a video on Youtube called the greatest comeback of all time (roughly) and is well worth a watch. 13 minutes to play in a big relegation match between us and Stirling Albion and we're 3-0 down. Mark Ramsay scores a screamer and then Greg Stewart wins a dodgy penalty. Red card and 3-2. In the last minute a Stirling defender headers the ball off his own bar and Archie Campbell nods in an equaliser. Utter scenes. Nothing will ever top it.

1 minute later Davie Hay launches a punt up the pitch which the Stirling defence allow to bounce. Stewart takes a touch and slots the ball into the net to make it 4-3. Mini pitch invasion and just utter bedlam.

Actually watched that video yesterday. I was at that game. Left at 3-3 and heard the Cowden fans roar for the winner. It was so loud I thought it must be a goal to us, but alas not. I don't think the hurt will ever totally go away.

Good video though and the obligatory chaotic pitch invasion. Recommended viewing.

You could clearly see it went wide at the time. Based on it fact that the ball wasn't in the back of the net, and of course, that it went wide.

I was at that game and the scenes were exactly like that, your brain just automatically assumes that he's put it in since its harder to believe he missed it. Eventually the celebrations dissipated and people around me were saying it was disallowed for offside but I was saying it couldn't have been because we were looking right at the linesman and he never flagged. It was only when the big screens showed the replays that people started to understand. A massive groan went round the stadium

I was at that game and the scenes were exactly like that, your brain just automatically assumes that he's put it in since its harder to believe he missed it. Eventually the celebrations dissipated and people around me were saying it was disallowed for offside but I was saying it couldn't have been because we were looking right at the linesman and he never flagged. It was only when the big screens showed the replays that people started to understand. A massive groan went round the stadium

The seat I was in for that game was almost straight in line with the angle of the shot. Knew immediately it hadn't gone in but as I was at the far end of the stadium I hadn't realised just how bad a miss it was as there were a few players blocking the view of Iwelumo and his position.

The best scenes I've seen from other fans:

- Dundee Utd at Firhill in 2003 when they beat us to secure their survival at Motherwell's expense* Absolute mayhem. Bodies all over the stairs and some made it onto the pitch.

- Milwall at Upton Park in 2012. They only had about 1000 tickets but when the equaliser went in, the noise was unreal.

- Rangers at Firhill in 2002. 2 late goals to win them a game they didn't deserve to win, thanks to a cheating referee. Their celebrations showed how much they knew they'd got away with one.

- Dundee fans at Dens in their 'Deefiance' season. Last minute winner in front of about 8 or 9 thousand fans. Place was bouncing.

Thistle scenes:

The recent, obvious ones of 2012/13 have already been mentioned, so...

Tannadice in 2002 - Last minute equaliser in a run of the mill game. The place went mental.

Ibrox - 2008 - When we went 1-0 up in the Scottish Cup against the old Rangers. 3500 of us went fucking nuts.

Gretna - 2006. 0-3 down with around 12 mins left. Finished 3-3. The scenes following Graham Dorrans' equaliser was one of the few highlights of a dark period for our club.

Jamie Adams - great stuff but not a patch on Neil McCann's winner against Raith in the 96th minute a couple of months later - To anyone who's posted other Dundee related scenes (I can appreciate that they were great moments) nothing comes close to that McCann goal

Archived