Cockwomble is at it again

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenzo_Amoruso

Club career Italy

He began his career at local club, Bari, in 1988, for whom he went on to make 75 appearances, scoring 8 goals. Amoruso spent 1991-1993 on loan at Mantova and Pescara, but only featured intermittently. In 1995 he secured a move to Fiorentina

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACF_Fiorentina

ACF Fiorentina commonly referred to as simply Fiorentina is a professional Italian football club from Florence, Tuscany. Founded by a merger in 1926, and refounded in 2002 following bankruptcy

Make your point, caller.

In Italy, clubs going tits up obviously mean f**k all to Italians.

A) that's not true

B) Fiorentina ended up in fourth division (though they did skip a division due to restructuring)

C) How does any of that affect his belief that Rangers were "unjustly" relegated? No-one in Italy thinks Parma were unjustly relegated...

A) that's not true

B) Fiorentina ended up in fourth division (though they did skip a division due to restructuring)

C) How does any of that affect his belief that Rangers were "unjustly" relegated? No-one in Italy thinks Parma were unjustly relegated...

Failure is in Italian culture, this should be a coverall to your question.

Rangers were never 'relegated' or 'demoted'.

They entered liquidation, and lost 10-1 with 1 abstention a vote on them being able to continue in SPL membership. (Their own vote the only 'for'). As a result they applied for membership of SFL - an organisation which had more than one division. They were elected by 29 votes to 1. Although no club had ever been admitted directly into a division above the bottom one for over 110 years, a vote was held on admitting them directly to the top division - they lost this vote 5 votes to 25.

Also someone mentions the loss of 3 'big gates' at Aberdeen in the shape of Hearts, Hibs and Rangers.

Aberdeen's crowds have progressively risen from 9,300 in 2011-12 constantly upwards to 9,600 then 12,900 then 13,400 and now 13,700.

Also people have been debating the '4 OF games' TV clause. (Incidentally my recollection was that - beyond the headlines - the nuanced confirmation of its contents were that it allowed a renegotiation of terms, not a instantaneous scrapping of them).

Firstly, this was a dubious clause when considering sporting integrity - it ignored the possibility of either finishing outwith 'Top 6'.

Secondly, the existence of this clause did not justify predictions of "armaggedon", "social unrest", "unviability", "slow, lingering death", "nuclear winter", 5 SPL clubs going bust within 1 month, etc. etc. Indeed, none of this occurred.

Eh?!

Because that failure of a country won four World Cups because of Mussolini? Including two after his death? And that somehow makes me a Rangers fan?

You've had an absolute shocker.

doesntseemgoodgif.gif

You are a tad touchy, go back to my first post.

Amorouso played for Oldco, a failed club, he also played for Fiorentina, a failed club.

He clearly doesn't give a shit about consequences.

post_online.pngkilliefan27

Saw Lorenzo Amoruso saying the other day that The Rangers were "unjustly relegated"!!

Begs the question, do you all get a wee newspaper sent round which edits out any non-Rangers facts? Prod-da perhaps?

You are a tad touchy, go back to my first post.

Amorouso played for Oldco, a failed club, he also played for Fiorentina, a failed club.

He clearly doesn't give a shit about consequences.

post_online.pngkilliefan27

Saw Lorenzo Amoruso saying the other day that The Rangers were "unjustly relegated"!!

Begs the question, do you all get a wee newspaper sent round which edits out any non-Rangers facts? Prod-da perhaps?

Again, how is that in any way relevant to him talking nonsense about Rangers being "unjustly relegated"?!

No-one claimed Fiorentina were unjustly relegated, they went feckin' bankrupt!

Again, how is that in any way relevant to him talking nonsense about Rangers being "unjustly relegated"?!

No-one claimed Fiorentina were unjustly relegated, they went feckin' bankrupt!

It's all about failure and having no funds, what can you not understand?

Also people have been debating the '4 OF games' TV clause. (Incidentally my recollection was that - beyond the headlines - the nuanced confirmation of its contents were that it allowed a renegotiation of terms, not a instantaneous scrapping of them).

Firstly, this was a dubious clause when considering sporting integrity - it ignored the possibility of either finishing outwith 'Top 6'.

It's a sensible clause. 

A broadcaster will agree to pay a league based on the games it can provide. The 4 OF games are by far the ones with the highest audiences. If one of those was replaced with Celtic vs Hibs for example, is it worth the same money? Obviously not.

It's all about failure and having no funds, what can you not understand?

Right, let me explain this to you.

I said Lorenzo Amoruso was talking shite about Rangers being "unjustly relegated" despite the fact they want bankrupt, and wondered if there was some sort of talking points memo which Rangers fans/ex-players received.

You said "he played for Fiorentina, they want bankrupt", and I asked what your point was. You said that your point was that Italian culture is based on failure.

I pointed out that Italy have won four World Cups. You said I must be a Rangers fan.

I queried this, and you said that Fiorentina and Rangers are both failed clubs. I asked how this affected my original statement that he was talking nonsense.

You said it's about "failure and having no funds".

You've seriously had a shocker here.

Also not sure if Cockwomble knows the meaning of 'armageddon'.

"a dramatic and catastrophic conflict, especially one seen as likely to destroy the world or the human race."

Or in this context destroy professional football in Scotland.

The financial armageddonists were just wrong.  They are idiots and they should be shown the door.

I think he watched the film, rangers were Bruce Willis

Right, let me explain this to you.

I said Lorenzo Amoruso was talking shite about Rangers being "unjustly relegated" despite the fact they want bankrupt, and wondered if there was some sort of talking points memo which Rangers fans/ex-players received.

You said "he played for Fiorentina, they want bankrupt", and I asked what your point was. You said that your point was that Italian culture is based on failure.

I pointed out that Italy have won four World Cups. You said I must be a Rangers fan.

I queried this, and you said that Fiorentina and Rangers are both failed clubs. I asked how this affected my original statement that he was talking nonsense.

You said it's about "failure and having no funds".

You've seriously had a shocker here.

You really are trying hard not to see the irony, however, it is the schools Easter holiday and you have to have something to do.

You really are trying hard not to see the irony, however, it is the schools Easter holiday and you have to have something to do.

No, you're trying really hard to dig yourself out of a hole.

Lorenzo Amoruso played for two clubs which went bankrupt.

Lorenzo Amoruso said one of those clubs was unjustly relegated, ignoring the fact they want bankrupt. I pointed out that daft statement.

Therefore I am a Rangers fan/love Mussolini/Italy is a country of failure.

Solid logic.

(Also wasn't Easter like two weeks ago?!)

No, you're trying really hard to dig yourself out of a hole.

Lorenzo Amoruso played for two clubs which went bankrupt.

Lorenzo Amoruso said one of those clubs was unjustly relegated, ignoring the fact they want bankrupt. I pointed out that daft statement.

Therefore I am a Rangers fan/love Mussolini/Italy is a country of failure.

Solid logic.

(Also wasn't Easter like two weeks ago?!)

I'm pretty sure the answer that you are looking for is 42

I understood what you were talking about. 

I'd argue, however, Neil Doncaster doesn't care about the quality of football.

I'm not particularly hung up on it in this discussion either. Why do you keep going on about it as if I am?

Archived