Weekend Betting 8th - 10th April 16

Fitba Tips

I don't think I will be alone in thinking that finding bets in Scottish football this weekend is bloody difficult.

7 odds on favourites in the whole of the SPFL and I am not sure you can have much faith in many of them. A lot of the very short prices like Celtic, Hibs, Falkirk, Ayr, Airdrie and East Fife have more difficult encounters than the prices justify imo so I am waiting until the Asian Handicap markets open fully in the lower divisions before I commit to any bets this weekend. I will be looking to the underdogs, particularly those with something to play for and seeing if there is anything worth looking at.

I will be looking mostly to the lower leagues because the Premiership could be a minefield what with the attitude/tactics of so many teams likely to change in play as things elsewhere go for them or against them. Even goals bets are hard to nail down.

The only bet I quite like from the Prem so far is Dundee Draw No Bet @ 1.83 (5/6) but I wonlt be backing it because one of my anteposts was Dundee to make the top 6. If they win, I win, if they lose I lose more so theres no point.

There is also a good chance of a lack of goals at Killie but that could change if Saints need to get a goal at any point.

Anyway, a minefield. What ye got lads?

If you fancy an outsider bet, Clach are 12/1 away to Formartine, who blew their title chances and possible promotion on Wednesday so are likely a bit deflated. Clach have improved of late, winning their last two, and the last time they met the score was 2-2.

Appreciate that Sunderland are in a relegation scrap and need the points but yet again Leicester are far too high this weekend. Can get 23/20 on skybet so probably even better elsewhere

2.1 for Chelsea to beat Swansea seems pretty generous too (Bet365).

I'll also take a punt on Rory McAllister to score (anytime) against Rangers in the Challenge Cup on Sunday, at 6.5 with Coral.

The only sides in Scotland that caught my eye at the start of the week were Dundee, Queens Park and possibly, Livingston. Dundee actually drifted to 15/8 on Tuesday evening.

Like football tips, Dundee were a big ante post bet of mine to make the top 6 so there isn’t really justification for backing them on Saturday.

Queens Park were slightly shorter than I would have liked at 5/6 and are now 3/4.

And Livingston are really a hunch and value thought at the odds though again I would have liked 3/1.

The bet that actually stood out yesterday was East Fife to beat Montrose with both teams scoring at 15/8.

You have to fancy the champions elect to win but Montrose generally score goals (and concede plenty too).

In England, Newcastle caught my eye at 7/1 initially purely based on it being a must win game against a side with perhaps little to play for (do Southampton really want to get into the Europa League again) however even at that price, can you really back them away from home against anyone.

For some reason, I also fancy Palace to end the drought but can you back a team at 11/10 that hasn’t won since December in the league.

Chelsea at odds against also makes some appeal given they are on a long unbeaten league run but its another “end of season†game come early in reality.

Difficult time of season to find value and some unpredictable results around the corner perhaps.

I would have liked to have seen the line drawn at +2 for Alloa but it's +1.75 instead so unless bet365 open their markets with something better I am likely to leave it alone. 

Starting to get a feel for goals tonight with +2.5 at odds against. I will likely back it now but for a reduced stake, more of an interest. With the way Neilson has been talking about "a draw is no good for anyone" it could be a real ding dong.

Difficult time of season to find value and some unpredictable results around the corner perhaps.

We may just be able to use the unpredictability to our advantage. Not this week I don't think but hopefully once or twice before the season ends. Livingston can be the testing ground. 

We're meant to be experimenting with thwe team today, we'll either horse Albion, or be horsed.  Albion 22/5....

Everton, Wigan, Yeovil, Dundee - £5 for £99

Albion, Raith, Brechin, Bournemouth - £1 for £96

St Johnstone, Cardiff, Plymouth, Chelsea £3 for £126

4 Draws - Burnley v Leeds, Motherwell v Celtic, West Ham v Arsenal, Reading v Birmingham - £1 for £283

If you fancy an outsider bet, Clach are 12/1 away to Formartine, who blew their title chances and possible promotion on Wednesday so are likely a bit deflated. Clach have improved of late, winning their last two, and the last time they met the score was 2-2.

Sorry folks 5-1 Formartine.

Waiting on citeh for 5 team acca but they are playing gash so took hit and cashed out

Edit to add typical never mind had too many let me down this year so happy for any win

Archived