Sons v Rovers

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough one this but we have a far more critical (and winnable) match on Tuesday night at the rock before looking ahead to this one. Win that and we will have capitalised on Livi's defeat at Cappielow yesterday and opened up some breathing space.

Lose/draw and the Rovers game becomes almost a must win if we're to avoid a last day nerve wrencher at Alloa. And given Rovers current form that's certain to be a tough game. The only glimmer of hope being that Raith ease off in the build up to the play-offs.

Let's be honest, Raith Rovers, nobody wants to see Livi stay up. So how about you rest all your good players for your game against them on the final day.

Ryan Hardie will score. Stick yer house on it. He's haunted me since I was watching reserve team football at Murray Park a few years ago.

Can't believe Raith have it all sewn up and they still want to come here and beat us. Do the right thing, Rovers.

Aye, come down and wave a wee home made " Hello Mum " placard at the Heuchter Teuchter tv cameras and just roll over and let us win. Thanks.

Not sure how much scope we actually have to really play a properly under-strength side but it would maybe make sense to get the likes of Thomas, Panayiotou, Anderson, Matthews, McCord, Robertson and if they can return from injury Stewart/Vaughan some game time in the event they're needed in the play-offs - if we were to make the final, seven games in 20 days is an absolutely ridiculous schedule so everyone will be required you'd think.

I think what really goes in our favour at the moment though is the fluidity of the midfield and attack, we generally make a change or two week to week in there anyway which in a league where you play each other four times really can be a massive advantage.

Maybe give Toshney a week off for this one. Have to agree it'd be great to keep momentum so I wouldn't go for any wholesale second string stuff, maybe something like this:

Cuthbert

Thomson Barr Bene McKeown

Callachan Matthews Robertson

Anderson Thomas Craigen

Law, Toshney, Longridge, Hardie, Harry, McCord, Connolly

With apologies to Sons fans though, regardless of momentum etc I'd be more than happy to see us play a complete second-string at Almondvale on the last day of the season. U20's territory. A couple of changes for this one and Falkirk, wholesale for Livi,

At least Morton did the decent thing and beat livi. Mind you even hibs beat livi which proves how bad livi really are. Two more wins should see the sons safe and as Raith and QOS don't really need the points how about letting big Nade get a hat trick in each game so that he gets championship player of the year ahead of the ibrox mercenaries.

At least Morton did the decent thing and beat livi. Mind you even hibs beat livi which proves how bad livi really are. Two more wins should see the sons safe and as Raith and QOS don't really need the points how about letting big Nade get a hat trick in each game so that he gets championship player of the year ahead of the ibrox mercenaries.

I really think Nade could score five goals in each of our remaining games and the Championship POTY would go to a The Rangers player because of their 'remarkable achievement' in winning the league this season with a budget that dwarfs everyone else's several fold.

I really think Nade could score five goals in each of our remaining games and the Championship POTY would go to a The Rangers player because of their 'remarkable achievement' in winning the league this season with a budget that dwarfs everyone else's several fold.

Don't forget that magnificent achievement, against all odd of winning the world renowned petrofac cup

With apologies to Sons fans though, regardless of momentum etc I'd be more than happy to see us play a complete second-string at Almondvale on the last day of the season. U20's territory. A couple of changes for this one and Falkirk, wholesale for Livi,

You're just no' playing the game here at all.  Actively trying to make the man in your avatar feel sad.  

Let's just hope your result at Almondvale will have no bearing on our league placing by the time comes.

Not sure how much scope we actually have to really play a properly under-strength side but it would maybe make sense to get the likes of Thomas, Panayiotou, Anderson, Matthews, McCord, Robertson and if they can return from injury Stewart/Vaughan some game time in the event they're needed in the play-offs - if we were to make the final, seven games in 20 days is an absolutely ridiculous schedule so everyone will be required you'd think.

I think what really goes in our favour at the moment though is the fluidity of the midfield and attack, we generally make a change or two week to week in there anyway which in a league where you play each other four times really can be a massive advantage.

Maybe give Toshney a week off for this one. Have to agree it'd be great to keep momentum so I wouldn't go for any wholesale second string stuff, maybe something like this:

Cuthbert

Thomson Barr Bene McKeown

Callachan Matthews Robertson

Anderson Thomas Craigen

Law, Toshney, Longridge, Hardie, Harry, McCord, Connolly

Could try a 3-5-2? 

Give Toshney the week off and go with a back three of Davo, Bene and Barr. Give Thomson the week off and start Anderson in the wide right wing back position (he's played right back already this season, and has the endurance and fitness to get up and down the line well enough). Stick Mckeown out on the other side with a middle three of Matthews, Robertson and Callachan or McCord. Hardie and Panayioutou up front. Likely to get an absolute battering but keeps us rotating the squad and gives folk more game time.

Archived