Inverness Caley Summer transfer thread.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Mahonio said:

Anyone reckon McNaughton will be signed :-)?

Let's hope so.

According to reports from our friendlies so far he's looked the fittest and best player in the team.  Let's not forget, this guy played in the EPL 3 years ago. 

Happy enough with the signing if it happens. Good bit of experience, some cover across a number of positions across the back line. Hope he's not on a massive wage but I can't imagine we are able to pay a lot anyway. Really hope we sign some more attacking players though. Going forward was a big weakness under Hughes and I don't think it's improved - yet!

Foran quoted in the Press and Journal saying that Doran is nearing a return to fitness and a place in the side, a deal for McNaughton should be sorted soon and there will be another new face coming in this week who will "excite the supporters".

Foran quoted in the Press and Journal saying that Doran is nearing a return to fitness and a place in the side, a deal for McNaughton should be sorted soon and there will be another new face coming in this week who will "excite the supporters".

Higginbotham.

Happy enough with that. Been a while since we had some wingers in the side so with King and Mulraney coming in to give us some width, something we desperately lacked at times last season, it's looking much more encouraging on the attacking side of things. Maybe we will not be as tough in the middle of the park as a result but hopefully we will see some entertaining games at the very least.

I'd still like to see another forward come in, we just have Boden I think, and perhaps another attacking midfielder. Defensively we are pretty sound.

Having just spoke to him, Kev will be signing for you boys in the next couple of days. Thats a great signing for Inverness in my opinion. Hes had problems with injuries in the last couple of years but if he stays fit, he will stroll it in that league

Fon Williams
Raven Warren Meekings McNaughton
Draper Tansey
King Doran Mulraney
Boden

King Doran Mulraney sounds like the name of a man you would enthusiastically follow into battle. Fitting, some might say. Pish, might say others.

5 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

King Doran Mulraney sounds like the name of a man you would enthusiastically follow into battle. Fitting, some might say. Pish, might say others.

Sounds like an Irish king set to come over the sea to Britain to fight Banquo from Macbeth's regiment in the Scottish army.

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Would maybe like to see another centre back just for cover but really happy with how the squad is shaping up so far

It's a hard sell for Foran though to get another CB in.

"Fancy coming to ICT mate? You'll be 3rd choice every week so probably won't play. Also, we still don't have a Nandos." (#banter)

Archived