Inverness Caley Summer transfer thread.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:

Any word on how long McNaughton is out for? I was sat near to where he went down injured and it looked a really sore one. I wasn't too impressed with him tbh. Hope Meekings is back soon.

Being reported this morning that hes out for the season

9 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:

Any word on how long McNaughton is out for? I was sat near to where he went down injured and it looked a really sore one. I wasn't too impressed with him tbh. Hope Meekings is back soon.

What happened to him, was he caught late or did he land awkwardly? 

The good thing with McNaughton was that he could play almost anywhere across the back line. Okay when Meekings comes back we would have what would be considered our first choice back line but we have no cover beyond that now after losing him. As HC says I guess we will look to get some cover in by bringing in someone on loan.

On 10/08/2016 at 13:55, hoofinit said:

I would like to see Fisher start ahead of Boden. He's offered more of a target than Boden who can get really isolated imo

I liked the look of Boden's movement against us. For some reason, I had him down as more of a bustling type but he was playing on the shoulder of our defence quite often. He looks like he might thrive playing off a target man like Fisher or Farid.

Had an operation on a ruptered achilles. He reckons he will be out for about 6 months

McInnes made a fair point on North Tonight earlier, if Richie can't guarantee Wright would start games, why not just have him as a sub for Aberdeen?

35 minutes ago, gazelle said:

Do Caley have any wingers at all just now?

Doran, Mulraney and King naturally and a few others who can slot in there.  Starting to get slightly worried now that we're still a bit short of numbers.  We had two players 'coming in next week' weeks ago and still nothing.  Quite disappointing.

Also Polworth and Ali Sutherland can play as wingers.

At least we are still looking for new players, a bit disappointed that Wright wasn't one (P and J saying he is a striker by the way) so hopefully something happens soon.

Press and Journal reporting that a deal for El Alagui may be on hold after the injury to McNaughton with Foran wanting to bring in defensive cover as a priority.

I expect a defender to be signed plus maybe El Alagui too then maybe a striker or 2 in on loan as well.

The budget to be used on the defender and maybe El Alagui then loans for the Striker or 2 due to loans not costing anything.

Still 2 weeks or so left in the transfer window so not much time to look :-(.

Was Vincent a passenger quite a lot when playing for Caley?

Also, did he get caught on the ball quite a lot? He constantly loses the ball in dangerous areas just due to how slow he is on the ball to choose a pass.

I reckon Williams will become a Dee boo-boy favourite. He's not the worst player but his playstyle is an extremely poor man's Stewart which means he'll be on a hiding to nothing. He does look like he'll add a little bit of width to us, but again, so far he seems to enjoy hiding at times.

Archived