Inverness Caley Summer transfer thread.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at Willie Dyer.

Where is he at the moment, Dundee?

Also, I seen the other day that Rob Jones has been released, he was a good, tall, physical presence in Hibs defence when he was there so, would he be worth a look at?

Where is he at the moment, Dundee?

Also, I seen the other day that Rob Jones has been released, he was a good, tall, physical presence in Hibs defence when he was there so, would he be worth a look at?

Brechin City.

Alan Archibald concedes that Seabourne and Bannigan are off so maybe Stuart Bannigan is Inverness bound after all lol.

I also see that Port Vale released Ryan McGivern, he is a Northern Ireland international so would be a worthy replacement for Raven?

I also see that Port Vale released Ryan McGivern, he is a Northern Ireland international so would be a worthy replacement for Raven?

Firstly, he's a left-back/centre-half.  Secondly, he's absolutely horrendous!

Whats the story here. You guys gettin shot?

Thought he had a big part to play in the future for County.

Also is he a midfielder? I think we have plenty of those

Just a few rumours from Wednesday nights match against motherwell. (probably 2+2=5 stuff)

He's certainly got potential, and there's a good player in there I just don't see where he's going to fit in to our team for the foreseeable future. If he was going to play wide then this season just about to end was his chance, we're desperate for another couple of wide players, some say he is much better in the No10 role behind a main striker, he's well down McIntyre's list for a start in that role so I don't know whats to do with him.

I'm pretty sure that with a run of games he'll develope very well, I've said it elsewhere, maybe he feels the local lad pressure or something but I'd like to see him loaned out but I could also understand if he's released.

Inverness CT: Hughes eyes cups and European qualification

By Martin Dowden

BBC Scotland at the Caledonian Stadium

Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager John Hughes believes there is no reason why his club cannot win a cup or achieve European football next term.

A convincing 4-0 win over Dundee clinched seventh place in the Premiership for Caley Thistle.

It was a fifth win in Inverness' last seven games.

"The standards I felt we've set were last year. I want to keep those standards, keep driving this club forward," said Hughes.

The Highlanders have found form towards the end of a season in which they have struggled for consistency. Now Hughes wants to set his side lofty targets for next season.

"Don't tell me that a provincial club like Inverness can't go and win the Scottish Cup again, can't go and get third, get Europe," he told BBC Scotland.

"I'll not accept that, that's the standards but we all need to be on board and keep driving it forward."

'Let's keep what we've got'

Hughes concedes there may be significant changes in personnel, but reiterated the importance of retaining key players.

"I keep saying this, let's make sure we keep what we've got, guys like Miles Storey and Greg Tansey," said the manager. "Keep that solid foundation and lets go and add to it.

"When it starts off again we have to make sure that we're bringing in or keeping players that we feel will go and take us back into the latter stages of cup competitions."

It does seem fans' favourite David Raven will depart, with Hughes admitting he sees Josh Meekings as his preferred option at right-back. A number of players have been offered contracts to stay but the club awaits final decisions.

So Meekings will be our preferred right back next season with Devine alongside Warren in the center of the defence and with Tremarco as left back, that should be our back four sorted. What we will need is cover for these positions.

So seemingly priorities in sorting the squad for next season right now are,....extending Tansey's contract, signing Miles Storey and possibly Fon Williams, Vigurs and Devine.

The only other one but not mentioned yet in the media is Jordan Roberts who was unlucky with an injury at the start of the season, maybe a decision over him might be down to whether Richie Foran stays or goes. Then there is Aaron Doran.

Not overly bothered if Foran moves on TBH. Would rather his wage went to getting someone like Storey in he should again what a good player he is yesterday. Bit worried that Roberts might be off however but hopefully I'm wrong.

McGivern :lol: Absolute shite. 

Is he that one with the bleach blonde hair who basically is the main reason Hibs are now Championship fodder?

Aye. Complete garbage.

ICT fans whats your thoughts on your keeper Dean Brill?  I read a rumour on another Motherwell forum we are meant to be interested in signing him!

I think him and Fon Williams are much of a muchness. Both good shot stoppers but distribution is questionable (in part down to Hughes and his insistence to play out from the back) and he can be weak on coming for crosses. He's very handsome however I am pretty disappointed we are releasing him but we can't afford to retain both Brill and FW and one wouldn't be happy as back up so one has to move on.

I'm not so keen of OFW I think he's a little skittish and doesn't always read the situations to well although sometimes I think that's more to do with the two CB in front of him. Would be a shame to loose Brill and would be a good signing.

Archived