Inverness Caley Summer transfer thread.

I've never been a big fan of Storey and apart from his pace I think he's very limited. Very few strikers around at our level with a bit of composure which is just about the most important asset in a striker. If Iain Stewart had Storey's pace he'd have been off to Celtic while Ryan Christie was still eating rusks :lol:

He did alright as a striker playing out of his natural position,won us a few points, but after the disaster that was Lopez and then Fisher getting injured it left us with no options. Using an attacking midfielder as a striker works sometimes, didn't work for Marley Watkins, worked for club legend Dennis Wyness. Worked for Storey but I would have preferred to have a striker playing in front of him.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't understand Horner getting a contract and Raven not. Not Ravens biggest fan and felt the cringe with the 'petition' but he's a clearly a better rb. JH is going to have to pull some gold out his arse but going on this season all thats up there is shit.

Yogi has stated that Josh Meekings is his preferred choice at right-back. One would assume Horner if not playing right midfield would provide cover at right-back. It really looks like Yogi pushed Raven out to cut costs rather than sign him up for next season likely for more money. Cheap/ make do option was to move Meekings out to right back and retain Devine or let him go and bring in someone on the cheap as center back while letting Raven go. That's squad size reduction for us.

I have not heard if Devine has been re-signed yet, anyone?

Stv reporting that Hughes' position is in doubt. Surely it'd be best for all parties to walk away? His constant belly aching about budgets and rebuttals by the board really can't make for a positive atmosphere in the squad.

Was just coming on to say much the same. Can't recall a time when our manager and board were publicly at loggerheads. Something has to give.

Everybody knows Raven is better than Horner but I can understand if Raven is on a higher wage than most of the Squad and the budget is tight.

What is absolute madness is playing Meekings out of position. He's easily the best CH at the club imo, better than Warren his natural partner. Danny Devine can be a real bombscare at times although he has improved by getting regular starts. He's a nice guy but no room for sentiment, get rid or if he's on a low wage use him as backup.

Maybe the rumours about Yogi leaving are the best news of the week though.

Yogi has had an official warning in the last couple of weeks for calling the chairman a p***k.

If that's true that's probable cause for dismissal but it's very funny and maybe true???

From reading and listening to quotes in the local media it seems both parties are almost trying to engineer a split. Probably the usual mutual consent stuff. There ain't any harmony there.

Some of Cameron's utterances would've been better kept between the two parties. As for Hughes I can't help but like him but I still can't work out if he is really just thick as f**k or not. If he is actually clever and wants out of the club then punting your best full back and fans favourite and suggesting the best centre back at the club is the best right back is a good way to get out the door quicker

Dean Brill has confirmed that he is away. Good to see he's done one of those open letters to fans on his phones Note app.

Edit: Raven has signed a new 2 year deal.

Archived