Queen of the South Management Team

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Fowler was expected to make the play offs, surely the same will be expected of Skelton?

No doubt that will be the target talked about by Skelton and the board. We need to see the squad he assembles first to assess our chances. Like I said I'm hoping for a season of overachievement.

Can't say I'm excited by the appointment, but everyone knew it was coming. That said, none of the 'candidates' really stood out. I'll wait and see who we bring in before passing judgement, about how I think the season will go.

I have not spoken to anyone yet who is happy about the appointment of Skelton. Like myself everybody is saying "we will wait and see" !

You've not spoken to me then.

Perfectly happy, although obviously I'll need to "wait and see" too.

I have to agree that the Play Off place looks a long way off.

The reality is that the League is arguably tougher than ever - we dont have Rangers and Hearts but equally we dont have any obvious part time relegation candidates. People may assume that Dumbarton and Ayr may struggle but if they recruit well in close season they may well end up with a squad that is comparable to ours.

There is nothing wrong with having an ambitious Play Off target but I genuinely dont think we are showing the same ambition with our player retention and player recruitment policy. To genuinely go after 4th place we would need to firstly bring through more players from Dev squad - unless I am missing something ( and I apologise if I am ) ............ but I see very little coming through and his has to change. JT role absolutely vital. I am not advocating extravagent signings but I feel that we could be a little bolder and offer two year deals in cases where we are serious about protecting our position. We made a great two year capture of John Baird and then let him walk out in the huff.

To be totally fair to the BOD they are not getting the support that they deserve from the Dumfries footballing public but this will not change until we become more competitive and attractive in terms of our playing style. I hope that Skelton can go fishing in the North of England pool and perhaps give us a competitive edge over our Central based rivals to will inevitably be chasing many of the same targets.

A big season ahead and staying well clear of relegation threat may be a more realistic target but achieving that and nothing else will probably see crowds falling further.

You've not spoken to me then. Perfectly happy, although obviously I'll need to "wait and see" too.

Yep.

For all it looks like the easy/cheap option I think we need to trust the board on this.

other than Gus recent appointments such as Johnston, McIntyre and Fowler have been decent enough.

Cheap option let's hope Queens achieve beyond our expectations this season. I Live in hope anyway!

Definitely not the cheap option . Don't know why people are constantly quoting this

So if Queens only finish 6th or 7th will people be wanting Skelton out?

The general feeling seems to be 6th or 7th will be o.k and anything better would be a good achievement.

Why is next season any different from last?

Archived