Scams

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I regularly get emails, two or three a week saying my email account, the works one I use to receive works orders from clients and send invoices has been 'compromised' and I need to log in with my address and password to stop my account being wiped.

First one I got a couple of years ago I naively logged in and found emails going missing left right and centre. Changed my password later that day but still get these requests all the time, usually with a header saying Microsoft or Hotmail security team but a sender based in Canada or Sri Lanka etc

For reasons like this I never use my bank details over the internet, not even PayPal

I regularly get emails, two or three a week saying my email account, the works one I use to receive works orders from clients and send invoices has been 'compromised' and I need to log in with my address and password to stop my account being wiped.

First one I got a couple of years ago I naively logged in and found emails going missing left right and centre. Changed my password later that day but still get these requests all the time, usually with a header saying Microsoft or Hotmail security team but a sender based in Canada or Sri Lanka etc

For reasons like this I never use my bank details over the internet, not even PayPal

Where did you find your missing E-mails?

^^^Can only get a post office account.

I vaguely remember this. He was telling said Nigerian about his favourite Bible verse Ezekiel 25:17.

First one I got a couple of years ago I naively logged in

The least surprising statement in pnb history.

Archived