Scams

I got a text through, claiming to be from the hmrc, see below.

Dear Customer. Please note that, at this moment we have to refund you 482.50 GBP,council tax for the last two years. Please visit: http://hmrc.govrefund.co.uk/

Firstly why is it not £482.50 & secondly why would hmrc be concerned with council tax?

Anyone else spotted any scams recently?

Grimbo

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had the HMRC scam as well. Mine was more realistic though, was about my income tax.

My mum did as well, though hers was about tax on her pension so seemed more realistic as well. She called me up asking whether I thought it was real and if she should do anything. Bit of a shame as she was a bit worried.

Now when she or my dad are not sure about something now they call me to check it for them which is good.

This is quite apt for me, I tried to buy trainers online but got scammed.

Does anyone here work for VISA so I can give them my details to stop this?

I'm off to Russia soon, what make & size are you after B?

Grimbo

Keep an eye out for these two women. They're hanging around Woolworths in Wollongong and when you are putting your bags into the car they approach you asking for a lift to McDonald's. 
These girls are very convincing and quite attractive!
Once in your car one of them takes her clothes off while getting on top of you to distract you while the other takes your wallet. 
I've had my wallet stolen now on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th, twice yesterday and probably two more times tomorrow.

Big w have wallets for sale for $8.99 but I've found some in kmart for only $1.49 so have bought 4. Also, you never actually make it to McDonalds so I've also lost 11kgs

13012875_10154112876624494_2907736102762

Archived