Local pub

A few near me. One in Gorgie which is ideal for those who fancy a 7am drunken punch up, Kilted Pig (nice big place that does good burgers and free snacks during football). Ettrick Hotel bar probably my local though - top beer garden and generally a chilled place with decent food, booze and football on tv if you fancy.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not been in mine very often but it does a mean scran, burgers are fucking magic.

Has a bar on one side for all the old jakeys, conservatory bit at the other side for those in gainful employment and not alcohol dependant.

That sounds very much like a pub near where I used to stay

Invergowrie Inn is full of mutants so I treat myself to the 1.65 bus fare to mennies (speedies).

Amazing whisky collection and reassuringly middle class.

So do they not sell any, just show it off?

If they sold it they would have any left.

It's more of a woo woo type of place.

I was actually being sarky, didn't realise it was just for looking at and not for drinking!

Got loads near me, two closest are Mousetrap which has hip hop deejays on the weekend and Alhambra which has 4 screens showing the horse racing, good contrast between both.

Brass Monkey was mentioned will probably stop there for a pint later and often go to Persevere to watch football.

Would the mousetrap or Alhambra be showing the old firm match tomorrow?

Was in there last Saturday for a quick pint it's a decent pub.

Mines is the Persevere, which is also pretty decent.

Was a lot better when I could get a pint of what I drink for £2. :(

Then again I tend not to pay for anything down there since I worked there for so long.

Alhambra will be.

Might suggest that tomorrow for a new location.

As for crammond - is that steakhouse (or what was once a steakhouse) that's just off Queensferrry road not decent? Always liked the look of it when arriving in or leaving Edinburgh.

Derek 'Del' Lyle's dad got slashed outside my local last week. It's the same pub that Jordan 'Jordo' McMillan swallied in the day he 'accidentally' took gack.

Robbies would probably be better for you, not sure they'd be too keen on an old firm game but it'll probably be on.

I'm in Robbie's quite often but it is quite awkwardly arranged for watching a match. Might try the Mash Tun or the Marksman.

I'm in Robbie's quite often but it is quite awkwardly arranged for watching a match. Might try the Mash Tun or the Marksman.

Just get the train through to Larkhall and sit with the rest of your fellow knuckle draggers.

Just get the train through to Larkhall and sit with the rest of your fellow knuckle draggers.

Any particular reason for this response, or are you just being more of a c**t than usual? 

Archived