2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

How? Whats the justification for Rangers fan going on the pitch?

There's never any justification for any fans to go on the pitch. It's just attention seeking fannies. Twenty thousand Hibs fans didn't feel the need to go on, is that because they don't care as much?

I love that this is embarrassing for Scottish football, yet it's all every single part of the media is talking about.

If they didn't have it spread across front pages and all over every website then I doubt anyone in Finland would even care.

Let's be honest, every time you hear of crowd trouble in Turkish football when you read about it in a 4 line paragraph on the corner of the last sports page then you hardly sit back and pray for Turkish Football.

Evening lads i dont post much on here but had a couple of beers and want to put in my two pennies worth.

Cant argue with the result today, Hibees were the hungrier and better team right from the start, deserved the win 100%. Stubbs tactic of having stokes move out wide left when tav was getting forward was very well thought out. Though we had it as they looked as though they were tiring in midfield up until Hallidays goal but that seemed to spark Hibs into life. Stokes hopefully made tavernier realise he needs to improve defensively, as does the whole defence. Danny wilson, ive seen milk turn quicker, and dont know what kiernan was doing at the first goal! Anyway congratulations hibs, a well deserved victory.

As for afters? Again the minority of supporters tar the majority with the same brush, really Hibs fans shouldnt have been on the pitch (but I can understand why they were tbh brilliant scenes!), but to the minority why would the first thing you do after winning the scottish cup after 114 years is to run down to the rangers fans and goad them? Why not celebrate your own teams achievement? And to the gers fans that went to the pitch why react to it? Weve been through much worse in the past 4 years. There is no place for that kind of behaviour in football now, same with some of the songs being sung. We are only damaging our own club by continuing to sing them.

Anyway well done to Hibs, bring on the Premiership/SPFL/SPL/Whatever it is now, im away back to lurking in the shadows

IMO

Invading the pitch = non issue

Goading opposition fans = non issue

Attacking people who are goading you = criminal

Attacking opposition players = criminal

Any Rangers fan who jumped the barrier and took a swing and a Hibs fan who gave them the middle finger is a twat. Any Hibs fan who attacked a Rangers player or official is a twat.

This.

The only people who ended up in a fight were those who were looking for a fight. And as seriously as the allegations of attacks on players should be taken, current reports of such attacks are dubious to say the least. What we can say with near certainty is that no player suffered any serious or even minor injuries, otherwise we'd likely have heard about it long before now. Nonetheless, even a minor attack is a criminal act and should be punished.

The overreaction comes from our media who we already know love a bit of the old Helen Lovejoy act, and from those whose professional positions actually come under scrutiny from the pitch invasion (i.e. Regan, Police Scotland).

"They started it" and "they are worse than us" is not a defence.

Some Hibbies were out of order.

Some bears were out of order.

Hibs won, I cheered, but do Hibbies regard these players as heroes in the same way as I regard the 1991 team - they flopped in the league.

Deeboy's taking his big team's loss very badly.

You're better than this.

I'm very vocal on supporters staying off the park, as was shown when I had a go at the Dundee fans who jumped on the park after we won the Championship and at last seasons Derby at dens.

Course, it might just be that Dumbarton and Dundee United were my big teams back then.

I can't help thinking Rangers are really going to regret that statement.

Just watched a special short piece on the 'violence' on Sky, and all they had was some guy pushing the Rangers goalie,

Not that that is acceptable, but to say 6 players and officials were attacked, and some needed medical attention is - based on the evidence we've seen so far - an attempt to smear the fans of another club.

To add in the bit about praising their own fans when they too invaded the pitch is just bizarre.

Not to mention them saying they did not collect their runners up medals for safety reasons!

I think the statement came out about 15 minutes after the final whistle.

They should have waited for a bit before commenting - and also got an adult to write it.

I don't quite the understand why te pitch invasion is ok.

As someone who has carried out a one man pitch invasion in front of a crowd of about 500 to shake hands at the edge of the pitch. I also don't get how the police stood and watched.

Both the sets of fans to blame if they chose to go on the park.no excuses or reasons.

Any fighting or contact with players should be identified and penalties in line with the law.

I've seen enough footage to suggest some hibs fans have come in contact with rangers players and as such hibs should be given an appropriate penalty.

If I was a hibs fan who was on the park I would be thinks no now about how they have spoiled their day in history in terms of presentation and celebration.

In defence of true hibs fans approx 22000 at Hamden and that is not your regular support so some of the troublemakers may be the glory hunters.

Rangers statement in terms of their own fans needs revisiting and they lose all respect if they don't amend.

Over to the authorities sfa and police to sort out on an individual and team basis.