2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

You may be trying to suggest that Hibs will lose… But I think it's more likely that Hibs fans will disappear if we win. There would so much spooning of the metal and the flesh; gloating & quoting may be reserved for a later date. Despite my reservations about promoting a Hibs side that 'Hibs'd' promotion, against a reanimated Rangers side, I feel that we have a better chance of winning than we did in the last three finals.

I believe that our current crop is better than the 2012 and 2013 batches — even without McGeouch, Bartley & El Alagui. With respect, The Rangers don't have the gulf in quality that Hearts and Celtc had over Hibs in 2012 and 2013, respectively. Yet, I am still with the majority of fans that (respectfully) expect The Rangers to win — they are rightly considered the considerable favourites. I'm also one of the growing number of Hibs fans whose nerves & emotions have been torn & tortured to such a degree that I am completely numb to abject failure - or 'Hibs', as it has colloquially become known as.

One Hibs fan who has experienced Hibs in all its forms, is 106-year-old Sam Martinez, who will be at the game.

Here's hoping Hibs lift it for the first time in his life — and not the last! :shutup

Regarding changes to the cup final squad...

Again, I'm with the majority of Hibbies that want to see us play 3-5-2 and bring in Gunnarsson. I'm not overly confident in Logan, but I wouldn't sacrifice his command over his box for Oxley's superior distributing of the ball. Questions remain over McGeouch starting, but I think it would be out of the question to have him as a sub: he will inevitably break down at some point. Bartley would be my first choice in midfield, but he looked uncharacteristically uncomfortable flailed & floundered against Falkirk. Fyvie has wound up Rangers players in the past and could prove useful, but he may also prove useful to Rangers by dispossessing Hibs at every available opportunity. McGinn & Henderson can be interchangeable but also invaluable if they're both fully fit.

Finally, our most discussed position this season; who do we play upfront? Cummings & Stokes have rarely played well together whilst Keatings & Stokes have — and linked up well against Falkirk. Cummings has an excellent record against The Rangers but has also stopped scoring his seventy-seventh attempts at a something special. Stokes has assisted a couple of goals recently, but has been even less clinical than Cummings. I would have wanted Cummings & Keatings upfront, against most people's better judgement, but Stokes has merited his recent starts.

Cummings' cockiness could lead to a catastrophic cock-up or his audacity may be the difference between the two sides (again). He has produced magic against the magic-hat on more than one occasion and has proven that he can break hearts — be it ours, theirs or Hearts.

I hope "My heart was broken…" at the final whistle. :P

Do you work in the media mate? You should really send your cv into hibs. Without too much arse licking your posts are by far the best on this website no contest.

2-1 Hibs. Stokes pen first goal Danny Wilson sent off. Captain makes it two. Slight wabble but we hold on.

So, being in a semi, that's two whole games away from the cup, is seen as having a better chance than actually being in the final.

Don't think you've thought this one through, m9.

Point still stands, "they'll never have a better chance" is crap patter, especially when it gets rolled out every time they make the final.

But anyway, good luck. I'm looking forward to this.

Good luck Hibs. Sevco will be more interested in what Celtic did yesterday than winning this game. The two cheeks of the arse are obsessed with each other.

Good luck Hibs. Sevco will be more interested in what Celtic did yesterday than winning this game. The two cheeks of the arse are obsessed with each other.

Good luck the morn.