Dundee United Vs Hamilton Academical

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rankin  :lol:

I'm sure his fake tan will look great in the pale Greenock sunshine next year

Not so sure about that. He is probably leaving us and I reckon another Premiership team would take a chance on him for a year. 

Not so sure about that. He is probably leaving us and I reckon another Premiership team would take a chance on him for a year. 

It'll likely be us tbh, after all we did sign Flipper from you lot.

I think she didn't, mainly due to how badly I was taking it! If she did enjoy it she hid it well! She felt incredibly sorry for Rankin, who after staying in the middle of the pitch after the whistle went over to the fans in the bottom tier of ET and was effectively in tears apologising for what has happened. Not sure if it was an admission he will be leaving in the summer but for me he should be getting another year. We need players like him on and off the park in the Championship IMO.

He's one of the few who really seems to care. I feel sorry for the younger players, too much pressure on lads still learning the game.

Guest DAVIDB69

Um, no you weren't.

Yes we were that's all it was it was still the right decision to sack him as form was awful since beginning of 2015

I think she didn't, mainly due to how badly I was taking it! If she did enjoy it she hid it well! She felt incredibly sorry for Rankin, who after staying in the middle of the pitch after the whistle went over to the fans in the bottom tier of ET and was effectively in tears apologising for what has happened. Not sure if it was an admission he will be leaving in the summer but for me he should be getting another year. We need players like him on and off the park in the Championship IMO.

Rankin is the epitome of a a professional and I imagine will feel personally responsible to a degree for the people who might stand to lose jobs as a result of this, same with Dillon. As has been said, Thomson isn't stupid enough to get rid of mixu until after its mathematical. But I would be gobsmacked if he doesn't let go of him now, particularly given the protests and the fact he loves to deflect blame away from anyone but himself. No harm in putting Dillon and rankin in charge for the last few games and never playing any of the loaners again

Yes we were that's all it was it was still the right decision to sack him as form was awful since beginning of 2015

You weren't. McNamara was sacked on the 26th September. On the 26th September you were 11th, 2 points ahead of Thistle (and 3 points behind Killie in 10th).

post-26104-0-10282900-1461520623_thumb.p

Brilliant day. United were dreadful but that's not to take anything away from us. Makes you wonder how different the season could have been if we displayed the same attitude from the last two games for the duration.

Brilliant day. United were dreadful but that's not to take anything away from us. Makes you wonder how different the season could have been if we displayed the same attitude from the last two games for the duration.

I wouldn't take beating this United side as any kind of indication as to how good your own team are.

I wouldn't take beating this United side as any kind of indication as to how good your own team are.

Oh believe me, I'm well aware of how bad United are, but there's a bit of fight back in our team. It was there against your loving neighbours in the last game as well.

The feelgood factor in the crowd has resurfaced as well, great atmosphere today.

Paton, Rankin and Dillon would escape the wrath of most fans simply because they appear to care more then most - not that that says much!

However, they are exactly why we're going down - it's the core of our team, and they just ain't good enough.

Fair play to Paton and the aforementioned duo. Still was good fun slagging those that once said we weren't big enough to be in the top flight (Thompson). Another fantastic day for HAFC. Fucking love it!

Maybe just me but why are people applauding c***s like Ranks, Paton and Dillon just because they stay after the games finished and go to the fans?? p***ks, the lot of them. Instead of beating their chests and kissing the badge, why dont these fuckin cowards put in a performance or maybe a tackle now and again? Their bullshit plays to the galleries yet most tits actually lap this shit up. Idiots

Archived