Peterhead v Ayr United - Battle for 2nd

I think the biggest problem with our set up is no reserves/U21s and a small squad. When we have a single player injured or suspended we have to start putting players out of position to cover. For example we have 3 CBs and a LB in the squad and that is the whole defence, no youngsters or reserves to step in. If we go up that would need to change, and if we do change it and come down could we afford it? In saying that I hope we do go up!

Also I hope we pump Ayr.

Thats the problem...A make shift defence ...Leaking goals..NO one to bring in that offers anything different... Still , to be in the play offs is more than i expected this season..Anything could happen!!!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannae believe it honestly cannae believe it

Itzdark went out for the 2nd half .......lightweight :)

It's OK, I left my phone charger in the social club as punishment

Highlights now up at Ayr United YouTube, for penalty Nicky Delvin swings right foot round, definitely catches Peterheads player, borderline if Delvin should be sent off, McAllister incident is off camera but McInally concedes in interview it was clear red card

Highlights now up at Ayr United YouTube, for penalty Nicky Delvin swings right foot round, definitely catches Peterheads player, borderline if Delvin should be sent off, McAllister incident is off camera but McInally concedes in interview it was clear red card

He gets a toe to the ball though

Nobody from the youth team you could promote to the first team to play in defence, rather than having to move midfielders there?

We don't have a youth team.

Aye Rory knew he was off as soon as the lino flagged, he didn't even argue.

So is he suspended for playoffs then? Or just a 1 game ban?

From what I've been told it's a 2 game ban, a 3rd would come into play if he's had a previous red card this season. His 8 yellows don't count. If we finish 2nd I'll be happy he misses the game at Peterhead.

Poor Rory! :D

Never a penalty on Devlin as he clearly gets a toe on the ball, but we'll take it given what's happened afterwards.

Peterhead look like they've absolutely chucked it, whereas we're finding a bit of form after months of inconsistency. Cue a couple of 0-0s and penalties in the playoffs!

What was it that McAllister did? Seems everyone agrees it was a straight red.

Great result although I imagine it may have ended very different without the red card and if penalty had been scored.

Peterhead have hit a bad patch of form and seem to short on players. Hopefully we can take advantage of that in the play offs but no doubt that when they play well Peterhead are very good.

Peterhead not having McAllister will be good but theystill have other quality forward

Poor Rory! :D

Never a penalty on Devlin as he clearly gets a toe on the ball, but we'll take it given what's happened afterwards.

Peterhead look like they've absolutely chucked it, whereas we're finding a bit of form after months of inconsistency. Cue a couple of 0-0s and penalties in the playoffs!

It's a stone wall penalty.

Yes he gets a touch on the ball but he didn't win it. Mccallister was still going to go through and so the follow through from devlin becomes the foul. Lucky not to be a red.

Two comfortable wins and based on the highlights we look pretty sharp up front (although always difficult to judge against ten men). I'm starting to feel quite confident now, which is never a good feeling with Ayr.

I don't understand why people think that because he touched the ball first it's not a penalty. The laws of the game don't make any reference to playing the ball in determining what is a foul. Peterhead's player is still getting to the ball even after Devlin's touch and Devlin trips him up. It's an absolutely blatant penalty.

Agreed it was a penalty but no red card because there was other defenders around the forward. As for the result, it may well have been different if McAllister had scored the penalty and didn't get himself sent off. However, after listening to McInally post match interview he seems almost resigned to the fact that they are going to lose in the playoffs, very strange.

Agreed it was a penalty but no red card because there was other defenders around the forward. As for the result, it may well have been different if McAllister had scored the penalty and didn't get himself sent off. However, after listening to McInally post match interview he seems almost resigned to the fact that they are going to lose in the playoffs, very strange.

I think he realises that his team can't win if McAllister doesn't play. The rest of the team don't have enough goals in them and simply digging in and defending over two legs isn't an option.

Archived