Peterhead v Ayr United - Battle for 2nd

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't want promotion. No chance of surviving in the Championship and certain to be relegated.

Known as 'doing a Brechin'

oh please teach me yoda. I want evidence of teams deliberately throwing games please

It's prevalent in the lower leagues in Scotland involving dead rubber games, so it's not a stretch that it could be happening here.

A few players not doing themselves any favours. This rot started weeks ago and hasn't been sorted. Really doubt we will get anything from next week or the play offs. Pity as well as we looked alright the first 10 minutes.

Bad few minutes for McAllister. Not actually sure it was a penalty mind you, thought Devlin got a touch on the ball. Didn't see what happened with the red card but presumably violent conduct as it was off the ball. Would that mean a 3 game ban, and accordingly rule him out of both legs of the play offs?

We scored some good goals today when we kept the ball down. Peterhead still threatened on occasion but we ran out fairly comfortable in the end.

Same again in the play offs please!

Bad few minutes for McAllister. Not actually sure it was a penalty mind you, thought Devlin got a touch on the ball. Didn't see what happened with the red card but presumably violent conduct as it was off the ball. Would that mean a 3 game ban, and accordingly rule him out of both legs of the play offs?

We scored some good goals today when we kept the ball down. Peterhead still threatened on occasion but we ran out fairly comfortable in the end.

Same again in the play offs please!

Sorry, but the ref totally influenced the outcome of the game. It was a penalty, & Devlin should've been sent off for denying Brown a clear goal scoring opportunity. What Rory did was absolute stupidity, & indefensible. Ayr cruised after that, & ran out worthy winners.

I'm looking forward to seeing it again on the highlights as I thought he just played the ball, could be wrong though. Once the penalty was given though I was surprised it was just a yellow card, I agree with you there.

Like I said, I never saw the McAllister incident but from what you say I gather it's pretty clear cut. Hopefully that will keep him out of the play off games.

I thought the ref was quite quick to get the book out for our players after the sending off mind you. Both Graham & Murphy were booked for pretty nothing challenges.

It's just nice to see us win there for a change!

Would be pleased for if McAllister is out of the playoffs as he always seems to cause us bother (today aside)

In less than 2 weeks (3 games) Peterhead have shipped 13 goals :lol: what the hell is going on with their defence?!

We only have 4 defenders in the whole squad, 2 of whom are out injured and one of whom is Stephen Noble (waste of a shirt). Our defence today had two midfielders in it, which is pretty poor when you are chasing promotion.

I thought it should have been a red for the Ayr player also, but make no mistake it wasn't the ref that cost us the game it was Mcallister with a poor penalty and then his poor discipline.

Archived