Prince

P45

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A genius , his first album he wrote produced and played all the music on it, done everything himself.

When making Purple rain he'd spend all day with the band 'Time' from the movie rehearsing till the early hours , then next day he'd come in with a tape and say , I made this last night, and it be Purple Rain , or Let's go Crazy, the full song ...complete. Insanely talented.

Plays the guitar better than most guitar heros.

On that video the expression on the other guitarists faces looks like they're coming after a w**k. He looks like he's fucking the guitar.

A genius , his first album he wrote produced and played all the music on it, done everything himself.

When making Purple rain he'd spend all day with the band 'Time' from the movie rehearsing till the early hours , then next day he'd come in with a tape and say , I made this last night, and it be Purple Rain , or Let's go Crazy, the full song ...complete. Insanely talented.

I think he did that on quite a few of his albums.

• 8 months later...

Programme on tonight with a string of arseholes claiming Prince "genuinely" died for his art as his obligation to wear high shoes caused him chronic pain and he thus inevitably died from a painkiller OD. What a lot of absolute shite. Big proportions of our population live with significant chronic pain day on day but don`t inevitably die due to a lifestyle choice.

Edit to add Prince was a fantastic talent but the stuff on tonight was frankly insulting to anyone with any sort of intelligence.

On 22/04/2016 at 07:57, the jambo-rocker said:

Just completely owns the stage from three and a half minutes onwards.

Just watched this again. 

Now, I love Prince but he was never someone I found sexually attractive. 

In this video though. Ooft. What that man can do with a guitar. Damn. 

Archived