Prince

P45

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some pretty convincing rumours doing the rounds that it was AIDS.

Apparently stopped taking his medication on the advice of some 'religious types' and started to get ill.

Sounds entirely plausible to me and, if true, rather sad.

Or it could be the flu as stated, which has killed many stupid enough to treat it as just a really bad cold & tried to soldier on, thinking they can work through it. Often when they start to take it seriously enough, the fatal damage has been done & it's simply a matter of tick-tock...

Anyway, never much of a fan of his stuff (in the end he was releasing far too much for even his fans to get through), but he was a big influence on World Party, & like Bowie his death marks the passing of a particular age he was a part of. Last year it was Steve Strange, now another who epitomised the 80s & all its harmless daftness.

Or it could be the flu as stated, which has killed many stupid enough to treat it as just a really bad cold & tried to soldier on, thinking they can work through it. Often when they start to take it seriously enough, the fatal damage has been done & it's simply a matter of tick-tock...

Anyway, never much of a fan of his stuff (in the end he was releasing far too much for even his fans to get through), but he was a big influence on World Party, & like Bowie his death marks the passing of a particular age he was a part of. Last year it was Steve Strange, now another who epitomised the 80s & all its harmless daftness.

And what kills people with AIDS?

:lol:

These songs were written by Prince and recorded by other artists:

Nothing Compares 2 U -  Sinead O'Connor  (1990)  (UK no. 1 - Platinum, 600,000 sales)

Manic Monday - The Bangles (1986)   (UK no. 2 - Silver)

I Feel For You - Chaka Khan (1984)   (UK no. 1)

Nah m8, you're the only one being weird with it. Calm down a bit.

Other than a bit of speculation, what exactly am I doing that's different to anyone else?

Getting called weird on a thread about Prince is a particularly noteworthy achievement.  8)

I can understand why a lot of people didn't like him. He released so much music in many different styles.

But I honestly believe he was the most talented person I've ever seen.

Archived