Rangers v Alloa

With our recent (small) unbeaten run coinciding with me starting match threads I might as well have another go here, you never know  ;) . 

Alloa on a hiding to nothing here and the main thing is to avoid getting a hiding. The players have worked really hard under Jack Ross to win back some pride and get us to a more respectable final points tally. They have pretty much managed it and hopefully they can put in another fighting performance at Ibrox and emerge with that pride intact.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My son is actually hoping for a home win here, his logic being that we would then be the only team to take a point from Ibrox this season (should have been three, tbh) and he was there to see it.

Meh.

I'm in Aberdeen tomorrow so won't be at the game and will watch it in the pub AFTER we have given them their guard of honour. Would kill me to watch a team with more of a budget than most if not all the rest of the league combined be clapped on to the park by our part timers just because they won a league a year late.

I was going to say I'm a tad nonplussed about the whole situation until I remembered that Monkey Tennis & dave.j's love child Wilkinson is an Alloa fan. Now I hope we take about 12 off ye.

:lol:

Most of The Alloa boys have been decent on the match threads this season.  Wilkinson does seem unnecessarily grumpy.  f**k knows why.

Bit of a training exercise.  A home win and hopefully a run out for a few of the young yins as Ben said.  Lots of fleg-waving and jumping up and down from the home support is inevitable.

Probably been discussed at length on the Hibs Rangers discussion, but this guard of honour stuff hasnt half been blown out of all proportion.

Ive always liked it and thought it was a nice touch- and historically its something Alloa, and every other club in the seaside leagues as far as Im aware, have always administered. But certainly not something mandatory, nor a big enough deal for folk to be jumping up and down if a team doesnt do it.

Bizarrely, Ive seen Rangers fans jump onto Alloa discussion online saying "cheers for the guard of honour"- really no need for that but I suppose its a change from them saying our chairman is "one of them" (usually using more obscene language and terms)

Probably been discussed at length on the Hibs Rangers discussion, but this guard of honour stuff hasnt half been blown out of all proportion.

Ive always liked it and thought it was a nice touch- and historically its something Alloa, and every other club in the seaside leagues as far as Im aware, have always administered. But certainly not something mandatory, nor a big enough deal for folk to be jumping up and down if a team doesnt do it.

Bizarrely, Ive seen Rangers fans jump onto Alloa discussion online saying "cheers for the guard of honour"- really no need for that but I suppose its a change from them saying our chairman is "one of them" (usually using more obscene language and terms)

Most bears aren't that fussed by it all tbf and weren't expecting one but it is pretty decent of Alloa to do it.

Not something expected by The P&B Bears.  We are, of course, the most sane, sensible, calm and handsome posters on the whole board ;)

Maybe give some youngsters a run oot and see how they do.

I think Warburton will play the players who have made the biggest impact in winning the league. As he has only put Burt on the bench recently therefore he imo will definitely not let any youngster get near the bench. Youngsters have to earn the right to be crowned a league winner.

I think Warburton will play the players who have made the biggest impact in winning the league. As he has only put Burt on the bench recently therefore he imo will definitely not let any youngster get near the bench. Youngsters have to earn the right to be crowned a league winner.

McCrorie was also on the bench on Wed night

Archived