How do you poach your eggs?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simmering water, no vinegar and no water swirling.

Fresh, good quality eggs. Crack the egg into a wee cup then slip the egg in the pan. If fresh enough the white shouldn't spread out everywhere.

2-3min and hey presto.

Toasted bagel, little bit of philidelphia, rocket, salmon with egg on top.

Vinegar?  Swirling water?  Purpose-made pans?  The best way is to use cling film.  You can cook as many at a time as you want and it's fail-safe:

Maybe. But it looks to have the vibe of a spunky johnny so it's a no from me.

No vinegar, no swirling.

Bring the water to the boil then reduce heat so just very tiny bubbles rising from the bottom, any big bubbles will just disrupt the egg before it gets the chance to cook and hold together, crack egg into a cup then slowly drop into the water then leave alone. about 2/3 minutes and its ready.

took me ages to master poached eggs as I was reading about vinegar and swirling water, dropping egg into vortex...all a lot of nonsense, less is more when It comes to poaching eggs.

Poached eggs done right are a delight but it's all too easy to Hibs them. I use a saucepan and simmering water with a dash of vinegar added. Swirl the water and crack the egg in. 2 minutes and 30 seconds later and it's ready. Perfect.

Do you use this method or some other inferior one?

Sneak into the farm at night and fill up a bag, then leg it.

First of all, approach it from downwind. Their eyesight might be poor but their sense of smell is better than yours or mine. Ensure you have a reliable 12 gauge shot gun as well as a revolver in case the shotgun jams. That horn can tear you to pieces and don’t think you will be able to out run them. Also, forget about climbing a tree, most of the trees in the area are slippery and it is unlikely that you will escape in time.

.. oh hang on, did you say egg? I thought you said white rhinoceros.

Forget everything I said.

Where is my medication?

Vinegar?  Swirling water?  Purpose-made pans?  The best way is to use cling film.  You can cook as many at a time as you want and it's fail-safe:

It is fail-safe.

Fail-safe at giving you an egg that looks as though it's been poached in cling-film, that is. BEAST BEAST BEAST.

poached-eggs10.jpg

I can't be arsed with the swirling of the water etc. i use poachets from lakeland.

comes out perfect everytime mmmm

I've seen these used. Again, they come out looking like something produces en masse in McDonalds. You are a BEAST.

m8y7rGjMW3AFxkvjWDvAUmw.jpg

Boke.

Poached eggs should be things of rustic beauty. Not rubbery production-line pieces of protein simply there to be shoveled down with tomato ketchup (or, more likely, Daddy's Sauce in your BEAST-holes).

Poached eggs done right are a delight but it's all too easy to Hibs them. I use a saucepan and simmering water with a dash of vinegar added. Swirl the water and crack the egg in. 2 minutes and 30 seconds later and it's ready. Perfect.

Do you use this method or some other inferior one?

Wow, what a beast 

Bring the water to the boil then remove from the heat, place egg in water and remove when it's at the required consistency.

Used to use vinegar and do the water swirling thing, the above method works equally as well.

Archived