Holyrood 2016 Predictions

Crossbill

This election will be a straightforward win for the SNP.  The only question is if Labour or the Tories finish second.

I think you could be on to something there.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe people hoping Tories finish second.

In just over 5 years the Tories have:

Almost shut down the RAF in Scotland (1 base left, about 20 bases in England)

Shut down Clyde & Forth Coastguard stations.

Privatised airborne Search & Rescue.

Clyde Coastguard got moved to another country (Northern Ireland) by the Tories.  They couldn't even move it to somewhere else in Scotland.

All the more reason that as many of us as possible vote for the SNP.

You ken it makes sense  :thumsup2

By the same token, you get tactical voting (SNP) by the large numbers of incomers into Scotland who would run a mile from voting for independence.

Can't believe people hoping Tories finish second.

In just over 5 years the Tories have:

Almost shut down the RAF in Scotland (1 base left, about 20 bases in England)

Shut down Clyde & Forth Coastguard stations.

Privatised airborne Search & Rescue.

Clyde Coastguard got moved to another country (Northern Ireland) by the Tories.  They couldn't even move it to somewhere else in Scotland.

I cannae believe that folk actually vote for unionist parties especially when folk like you spell it out.

I can go a lot further back and list Rosyth & Ravenscraig & coal mining among the list of iniquities.

By the same token, you get tactical voting (SNP) by the large numbers of incomers into Scotland who would run a mile from voting for independence.

I dinnae understand your point.

If you vote for whatever political party then you're voting for their policies.

Whether you like it or no.

Imagine voting against your countries self determination :))

I'm sure he'd vomit at the very thought of Scotland being his country. Great Britain is his country, and Scotland is a very naughty boy that needs to accept his place. The likes of Ruffled would quite happily see the name "Scotland" extinguished in favour of "North Britain" if it would just make this whole independence question go away, please.

Imagine voting against your countries self determination :))

Imagine voting for scotlands self determination even when its was clear it would be to our detriment,indy at all costs comes to mind.

Ohh and thanks to the SNP for the pen,i will use it with pride.

post-53474-14622708251462_thumb.jpg

Imagine voting for scotlands self determination even when its was clear it would be to our detriment,indy at all costs comes to mind.

Ohh and thanks to the SNP for the pen,i will use it with pride.

You've been warned about stealing the pens, Mickey love.

More than one country?  :P

Millions will do that on 23rd June by voting to remain in the EU.

and millions will do that on 23rd June by voting to leave the EU and Scotland will still be stuck in GB.

Don't forget that depending on the result (and numbers) Scotland could be forced the way she didn't want to go.

I ken it could happen to England but very doubtful.

Roll on 24th July June and we will see which way the dice roll.

and millions will do that on 23rd June by voting to leave the EU and Scotland will still be stuck in GB.

Don't forget that depending on the result (and numbers) Scotland could be forced the way she didn't want to go.

I ken it could happen to England but very doubtful.

Roll on 24th July and we will see which way the dice roll.

BritNats don't see Scotland as having a voice worthy of recognition in grown up matters. I'd challenge them to name one single country worthy of the name which allows its membership of supranational unions to be decided by its larger neighbours.

BritNats don't see Scotland as having a voice worthy of recognition in grown up matters. I'd challenge them to name one single country worthy of the name which allows its membership of supranational unions to be decided by its larger neighbours.

Yup

Scotland per size has probably contributed more in invention and science than any other country in world.

Yet some people who call themselves Scottish, voted against self determination :))

Highly unlikely we'll vote to vote to leave the EU.

After we vote to stay in, Boris will probably be PM by 2019 in time for the next General Election the Tories will win.

Tory right wing tabloid press will give it the 'vote Labour, get SNP' shite again in 2020 - this will then scare the English floating voter to vote Tory again.

Yup

Scotland per size has probably contributed more in invention and science than any other country in world.

Yet some people who call themselves Scottish, voted against self determination :))

The UK government must be laughing itself hoarse at actually (with of course the help of three hundred years of inertia) convincing even 55% of a nation's voters that statehood is good for every other country, but not for them; and that having a national sovereign parliament reflecting the democratic choices of that nation is a cornerstone of modern nationhood, but for them having a wee devolved regional parliament allowed by a sovereign parliament in another country is good enough.

Anyway you look at it, the people of Scotland, as the exception rather than the rule, look like absolute mugs. Enough of us have been convinced that we're a "country", but almost alone amongst countries, we should be governed from outside by governments we didn't choose, as a minor part of another unitary state.

"Scotland the proud and patriotic British region."

Highly unlikely we'll vote to vote to leave the EU.

After we vote to stay in, Boris will probably be PM by 2019 in time for the next General Election the Tories will win.

Tory right wing tabloid press will give it the 'vote Labour, get SNP' shite again in 2020 - this will then scare the English floating voter to vote Tory again.

I think Labour are shit enough that floaters don't need scare stories about the recalcitrant jocks' influence in England's - sorry "the UK's - parliament to induce them to vote Tory.

Archived