Peterhead v Ayr United; Ayr United v Peterhead

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zero 2 on Sat against Airdrie and 4 -1 against Peterheid,looks like Davina made sure Stranraer had to sweat,sticks out like a sore thumb he didn't want the blues in the playoffs,stewards inquiry,Davina guilty,question why does he hate Stranraer ?

Aye, Ayr and their fans would prefer our real rivals to reach the playoffs rather than  our pretendy rivals.

Zero 2 on Sat against Airdrie and 4 -1 against Peterheid,looks like Davina made sure Stranraer had to sweat,sticks out like a sore thumb he didn't want the blues in the playoffs,stewards inquiry,Davina guilty,question why does he hate Stranraer ?

We lost 0-3 m9.

Aye, all about wee Stinlar so it is.

Attacked a fan.

Stewards were ripping the pish out of him in the 2nd half, even the police had a laugh.

Apologies for what I said about the Ayr fans then. Appears I was wrong.

Although I think the lad that chucked his shoe on the pitch did get taken out of the stand by the Police. Random way to celebrate a goal mind.

Although I think the lad that chucked his shoe on the pitch did get taken out of the stand by the Police. Random way to celebrate a goal mind.

The goal was in the middle of "shoes off if you hate killie" so it kind of escalated from there!

The goal was in the middle of "shoes off if you hate killie" so it kind of escalated from there!

Haha that is awesome! I was wondering what that was all about!

Are you simple?

Peterhead away twice in just over a week. I'm ruined.

Great performance last night it really was, nobody in this league would have lived with us playing like that.

I think the main difference between the sides last night was that Ayr were clearly a lot fresher, both mentally and physically. Part of this is down to having a larger squad (by my reckoning, Ayr have used 25 players this season, Peterhead 20) but I also think we are seeing the benefits, ironically, of a number of our key players being out injured for spells this season. Ross Docherty, Craig Moore, Paddy Boyle are now back to their optimum; others such as Crawford and Donald haven't been regulars, while McCall has done his best to rest Murphy and Graham where possible. Last night I felt that we simply had more in the tank than Peterhead, as evidenced by a number of careless fouls given away by tired Blue Tooners late in the game.

That result should ensure our progression to the final but we can't take anything for granted. Same again on Saturday and hopefully Peterhead are well and truly out of sight by half-time, giving McCall the option to pull the likes of Murphy, Preston and Doc.

So that's what Docherty was throwing back, I did wonder what it was

I think the main difference between the sides last night was that Ayr were clearly a lot fresher, both mentally and physically. Part of this is down to having a larger squad (by my reckoning, Ayr have used 25 players this season, Peterhead 20) but I also think we are seeing the benefits, ironically, of a number of our key players being out injured for spells this season. Ross Docherty, Craig Moore, Paddy Boyle are now back to their optimum; others such as Crawford and Donald haven't been regulars, while McCall has done his best to rest Murphy and Graham where possible. Last night I felt that we simply had more in the tank than Peterhead, as evidenced by a number of careless fouls given away by tired Blue Tooners late in the game.

That result should ensure our progression to the final but we can't take anything for granted. Same again on Saturday and hopefully Peterhead are well and truly out of sight by half-time, giving McCall the option to pull the likes of Murphy, Preston and Doc.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with that, we had the same problem with a small squad last season as well. We seemed to increase numbers slightly this year but not enough for a club that is serious about actually doing something in the play offs and a cup run. I know there is a quality/quantity argue but I think we are proof that sometimes you just need the numbers. The other problem could be that Jim has said he has already been offering players contracts so I am not sure how many of that squad have anything to play for.

Archived