Clyde v Elgin City v Clyde. Wed/Sat

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Generally, referees have my sympathy for the job they do but McKendrick was absolutely laughable tonight.

3-1 is a good result for us tonight and the players should be rightly proud of their efforts tonight. However, it'll still be nervy on Saturday, an Elgin goal and it's all to play for. The nerves will take a beating on Saturday but I'll be there to (hopefully) cheer the boys over the line.

ETA: It was brilliant to see Marko score tonight. I'd never seen him score for Clyde and I felt that I was running out of time!

Elgin player in injury time throwing himself to the ground with nobody near him was pathetic.

If referees would just book players no discussion for it then they would stop!

Easton is a pathetic cheat and the ref fell for it all night. Hope someone goes through that wee fannie and give him something to be lying on the deck for!

MON THE FUCKING CLYDE!

Hardly anything in game, barring perhaps chances. Elgin are a good team, but even their fans must cringe at Eastons cheating.

As the game was so tight, obviously delighted with the score. Of course Lintons goal was an absolute worldy, but Elgins goal was a superb cross and finish too.

Gracious winners, the Clyde fans eh?

I don't normally comment on opposition as it usually get comments like that, but honestly that was the worst I have seen for a long long time. Chucking themselves to the floor at every opportunity, shame as they are maybe the best team in the league when they decide to play.

Apart from that..Marko, you are a Superstar!!!!!!!!

Hardly anything in game, barring perhaps chances. Elgin are a good team, but even their fans must cringe at Eastons cheating.

As the game was so tight, obviously delighted with the score. Of course Lintons goal was an absolute worldy, but Elgins goal was a superb cross and finish too.

Some of his diving is a pain and also that he likes to hold the ball a bit to much but we'll done to clyde getting the head start but all to play for on saturday with our home record in our favour we just need to go for it from start

Firstly great result tonight, We needed a 2 goal lead without doubt going up there sat as without doubt Elgin are a very good team,Lot of players comfortable on the ball with pace both of these combinded pretty unusual for this level....

Gemmell lead line very well. Lintons goal was a fuckin beezer but didnt suprise me as he it im his locker & personally i liked how we took the sting out the game after they scored when normally we tend to panic and lose a quick second,Marko header was just him 10yr ago full of desire and with a bit o luck might have got a fourth at the end....

All to play for sat,we do need to keep it tight for first 20 with hopefully have a strong ref in charge as their diving was disgraceful when little contact was apparent...

Finally John Gibson in goals apart from being stuck to his line for a few mins near the end looked better,Coming for a lot of cross balls most of the time & taking pressure off the team,Credit where its due n that & more of same on sat pleaseðŸ‘

We love an early goal at BB and after looking it up, I see that we have scored the opening goal in the first 25 minutes in 12 out of 18 home games. Do it again on Saturday and I'd fancy us to progress.

Opening goals in the games against Clyde came in the 4th and 13th minutes.

Some of his diving is a pain and also that he likes to hold the ball a bit to much but we'll done to clyde getting the head start but all to play for on saturday with our home record in our favour we just need to go for it from start

I didn't see a great deal of diving from him apart from one pretty obvious one early in the game and I thought there were one or two cynical fouls on him by a Clyde team that were struggling to stop him legitimately. Easton was easily the best player out there for most of the game.  If anybody the Elgin centre forward was the dive-merchant hitting the deck every time big McLaughlin challenged him in the air. 

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed that game and thought Clyde were worth their victory. They were bigger, stronger and more determined than Elgin. 

Clyde's second was an absolute belter

good game have said all season elgin best footballing team I've seen this season , but they don't look good at the back particularly in the air which I think we can exploit

great team performance with plenty of dig not over by long shot but we have a great chance think if we can score then it will be enough

Over the moon at having a 2 goal lead to take to Borough Briggs and thankfully away goals don't count in the playoffs (don't know why that is though?!).

Still all to play for in the second leg, I think a 3 goal lead would've killed it but I'll take the 2, but if Elgin get an early goal God knows what'll happen.

Hope the players play as well as tonight on Saturday and if they do we should get into the final this time. Mon the Bully!

Delighted with the performance and the result. Good to finally get a decent result in front of, what looked, a good crowd.

Thought we were by far the better team in the first half. We got a bit of luck with the first goal with it rebounding of the Elgin keeper and into the net but the second goal was a peach.

Second half and Elgin came flying out the traps. Their number 7 was given a lot of space down the wing and punished us by putting in a decent cross for their goal. Although Elgin had the majority of possession they didn't create many clear cut chances. There was a lot of heart in the mouth moments as we scrambled to get the ball away but I can only remember Gibson making one good save from an Elgin header at the back post from a free kick. Likewise, we didn't create much in the second half but Marko's header from a Linton long throw gave us back the two goal lead. The big man showed great desire to get on the end of it.

Good all round team performance and Gibson had a great game. I've not been impressed with him at all but tonight he was solid and caught everything that came his way. In defence, there was a few errors and misplaced clearances but both Marko and Smith were solid. McMann got forward well and after a shaky 10 mins to the start of the second half, I thought he got to grips with the Elgin number 7.

Good performance from the midfield, Marsh and McLaughlin closed down the Elgin players and didn't give them time on the ball. Kilpatrick has good feet and control but did snatch at a couple of chances that came his way.

Up front Gormley worked his socks off but I don't think we really play to Gemmell's strength as we still didn't have a great deal of crosses into the box but it was more than previous games.

Elgin have some skillful players at this level who are quick and good on the ball but they do go down far too easy. It was frustrating to watch at times but on a number of occasions we invited the foul by putting in daft challenges were it wasn't possible to win the ball.

We are in a great position and can hopefully get the job up in Elgin. If the team shows the same fight and desire then we have every chance.

Think Elgin are being over-rated a bit; on aggregate we've beaten them 8-3 at Broadwood this season, drew at BB and should've taken something from the other match. Some of their passing looks good on the eye but in all honesty they move it far too slowly and our defensive shape was good with the wide midfielders tucking in. Didn't think Reilly or Cameron got up the pitch quickly enough. That's also the worst that Easton has played against us this season; it looked in the first five minutes like he was going to get a free run at our centre halves but after that most of the stuff he did was with Marsh or McLaughlin breathing down his neck. In fairness, it was him that opened up the space which led to their goal (Marko caught on his heels a bit) and he also was involved with a couple of the other chances. He over exaggerates quite a bit but then you see things like the tackle by Marsh on him and you have some sympathy.

I thought we played well and clearly deserved to win the game. We didn't need to create more chances than we did as if you score three goals in a home leg you'd be daft pushing for more. Did ride our luck a bit with a couple of the late chances of course. Cheers to Accies for McMann who had another terrific game, Gibson and Smith the best of the rest. Linton, Kirkpatrick and S. McLaughlin good at settling the game down when it was needed. Gemmell gets a lot of credit as he barely moved in the warm-up. I've waited 18 months to see Marko score the kind of goal that seemed regular in his first spell and that was a classic tonight.

The referee didn't have a good game at all (McKendrick generally doesn't) but on reflection, we are a far more aggressive team than Elgin and he was fairly consistent in that he basically gave fouls for any contact. First referee to not give Elgin a penalty in a game since 2013 as well I believe.

Will be a totally different game on Saturday but you'd always back us with a two goal lead. Can only imagine that Elgin will aim to put in less crosses and try and get at us more through the middle. It wouldn't surprise me if move Linton inside to try and counter that and push Marsh out wide. We'll probably have a couple of chances at set pieces. Will be horrible watching from afar.

Good result and lead for Clyde. Elgins dire away form continues but the goal may give some hope. Fully expected a closer match but I fancy either to go on and beat Queens or Cowden in the final.

Archived