The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't you just love it when the managers job is vacant?

The chairman talking up the list of names that handed in their CVs. The press linking you with high profile currently unemployed managers.

Then you give it to some underwhelming no mark.

Don't you just love it when the managers job is vacant?

The chairman talking up the list of names that handed in their CVs. The press linking you with high profile currently unemployed managers.

Then you give it to some underwhelming no mark.

Every. Single. Time.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility.

Plenty of bigger clubs have recruited over the past few years and not employed Billy Davies. If he wants to return to management, then maybe we can offer him that stepping stone*.

* a nine month spell and eventual sacking is what we can offer him, but let's keep that quiet.

So as of writing, we know that Yogi Hughes, Billy Davies, Barry Ferguson(at least going by his radio appearance last night) and Frank Nutall (via Daily Record interview today) have all applied for definite.

Rumours circulating that Mixu and George Burley have also either registered an interest or applied as well. No word on Gus or Jack Ross though, Gus seemingly distancing himself from it in terms of contact but very much leaving the door open to potential talks.

Gordon Scott said to journalist Craig Ritchie that the standard of applicant has been high and everyone who they realistically hoped would apply for the job, has. GLS's language in the last few days and the swiftness of everything moving on has definitely driven home my opinion that he was wanting rid of Rae to bring in his own man regardless and the results simply provided ample opportunity for him to do what he was already planning but at an earlier opportunity.

It definitely doesn't feel like the typical St. Mirren way of doing things. Normally, every facet of the inner workings of the club is shrouded in complete secrecy.

Billy Davies would be an excellent appointment. It certainly wouldn't be boring anyway.

His interview on Sportsound last season was one of the most bizarre, yet entertaining things I've ever heard.

I wonder if he brought his dossier to his talk with your Chairman?

Some guy on our thread saying Jack Ross has applied for this job, I just can't see him wanting the job & you wanting him yet ... Any truth?

I think, as you've said, it's too soon all round. But he does fit the profile of the type of manager we've typically gone for.

If the rumours are true of some of the other people who have applied, then I'd like to think we'd leave Ross to continue doing a good job at Alloa.

Archived