The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

18 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Hartley quite clearly saw the way that the wind was blowing for him managing Alloa in the First Division and jumped ship; he's not too far from doing the same at Dundee IMO. There's nothing wrong with having that attitude from his perspective; just don't expect him to hang around to deal with a mess of his own making.

A few more crap results and/or cup showings and he'll flounce out the door to be replaced by born-again managerial genius Jim Duffy. Just let that sink in.

I'd suggest that there'd be a fraction of our support that'd be happy with that horrifying thought.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

St Mirren are turning into the Scottish Leeds United IMO.  Minus the Champions League run of course.

A false sense of entitlement and detested by all? You might be right.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

That statement seems to rule Yogi out by my reckoning.

Yep, safe to assume he's the second of the two referred to there.

Good update, though: as a club we're used to complete radio silence whenever stuff like this is going on, so to have an open and honest update - that admits we aimed high and missed - is decent.

Yeah an update like that really is a big difference and improvement on what we had with the previous board over the last few years. It seemed like even things like injuries and team news were not being communicated a lot of the time so lets hope this kind of interaction continues.

I appreciate that Scott and the board are taking their time and trying to find the best candidate but hopefully an appointment will indeed be made next week because we really need to get someone with fresh ideas in ASAP.

2 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

If there's been one source that has been consistently on the money since Rae left it has definitely been McBookie. 

They wouldn't give me odds for Allardyce getting the job the other night. Shameful.

Fans of shockingly bad journalism and/or salty, salty tears will be glad to hear that Alex Rae is a guest on Clyde 1 right now. Looking forward to him starting to cry about how it's all unfair when they spend a token two minutes talking about St. Mirren.

Fans of shockingly bad journalism and/or salty, salty tears will be glad to hear that Alex Rae is a guest on Clyde 1 right now. Looking forward to him starting to cry about how it's all unfair when they spend a token two minutes talking about St. Mirren.

Will that be his first appearance on the show since he was punted? Have to agree that'll be somewhat amusing. Sometimes listen to it, but after the 1748th time Hugh Keevins mentions he's 'been an advocate for decency in this city' I switch off.

ETA: I don't listen due to intrigue sparked by journalistic talent, merely switch it on occasionally for some astonishing insight into your average OF fans' way of thinking.

Just now, BuddieInDundee said:

Will that be his first appearance on the show since he was punted? Have to agree that'll be somewhat amusing. Sometimes listen to it, but after the 1748th time Hugh Keevins mentions he's 'been an advocate for decency in this city' I switch off.

No idea, I usually avoid it like the plague myself. Listening now due to the potential for hilarity but the discussion has been entirely devoted to the OF so far, naturally.

Archived