Stirling Albion Thread

Seems like no action is going to be taken against the players who slagged the club that pay their wages.

Still no news on a new manager.

Shambles.

I would not say that just yet regarding those players, just depends on whether the Board wants to deal with it or leave it to the.new manager to decide what action should be taken against certain players just to show the he is no walkover.

I would not say that just yet regarding those players, just depends on whether the Board wants to deal with it or leave it to the.new manager to decide what action should be taken against certain players just to show the he is no walkover.

Personally think the board should be dealing with this, they bad mouthed the club for making the correct decison.

If the players were so keen for Corrigan, maybe they should have performed?

I'll be honest with you, I was quite vocal about the fact that I would have liked to have seen Allan Moore being brought back to the club, if he didn't fancy it then I felt the best option would have been to go for an experienced guy. When the names of MacKay & Grant hit the papers, there was one 1 name for me and that was MacKay, sure, Grant brought things to the table but I honestly feel that MacKay is a little bit more current.

Yes, it's a risk, and only time will tell if it was one worth taking, but I honestly think McLaren was a bigger one. I'll always back a new manager until the time where I have reason not to.

I just hope he forgets about 4-2-3-1 formations and text books from Largs and gets us playing with 2 strikers again and attacking teams......all I ask of any manager is get me excited and enjoying going to the football again, I hope he has that in him.

Wish him the best, he will have a tough baptism of fire against Elgin on Saturday, who knows the new manager factor means we might get something from this game on Saturday.

Just hope he can get the team playing better, might just be able to salvage something from this season yet, here`s hoping.

36 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Im praying he can get the best out of Henderson. There is defiently a player there but he's just lacking confidence, hope Mackay brings his confidence back and starts banging them in.

There is definitely a player there. I always go back to the 3  game i saw of him against us last season and he absolutely rag-dolled our defence in each of those games and looked a very very different player to the one we see at the moment.

Is it a confidence thing or is it more of an issue that we are not playing his game......I really don't know, but I'm sure if MacKay can get him ticking again then we do stand a chance of making the Play Offs.....if he can't, then a Striker must be top of his "to get" list because Layne isn't the answer either and Ferns or D.Smith aren't Strikers.

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I'll be honest with you, I was quite vocal about the fact that I would have liked to have seen Allan Moore being brought back to the club, if he didn't fancy it then I felt the best option would have been to go for an experienced guy. When the names of MacKay & Grant hit the papers, there was one 1 name for me and that was MacKay, sure, Grant brought things to the table but I honestly feel that MacKay is a little bit more current.

Yes, it's a risk, and only time will tell if it was one worth taking, but I honestly think McLaren was a bigger one. I'll always back a new manager until the time where I have reason not to.

I just hope he forgets about 4-2-3-1 formations and text books from Largs and gets us playing with 2 strikers again and attacking teams......all I ask of any manager is get me excited and enjoying going to the football again, I hope he has that in him.

You dodged the bullet with not getting Moore back.  MacKay could well be a very wise choice.