Stirling Albion Thread

Great to see Blair sign on. One of the best GKs in the league and I think finding good GKs at this level is really difficult. Davidson has more to do to convince me. I don't think he's been very good recently, although ability is clearly there.

1 hour ago, unitedbino said:

Davidson has more to do to convince me. I don't think he's been very good recently, although ability is clearly there.

Agree with that. His form is quite up and down even in the same game.  He's clearly a good player though and presumably with a decent preseason in him he'd be a lot better. And DY clearly rates him. 

And as DY pointed out in his interview we've a few guys in the side now - like Davidson - who've played at a higher level so let's hope that's enough to get us over the line.

It's good to be in the box seat but even with Dumbartons apparent injury list I suspect there will still be a few anxious moments.  I'm never comfortable when we have to play teams twice in quick succession and I think tomorrow night might prove quite troublesome.  

1 hour ago, jsavage said:

Who is signed up for next year now?

Currie
Davidson
Thomson

Any others?

Dale Carrick has definitely signed up, sure Jordon McGregor and Arron Dunsmore signed 2 year deal in the summer as well

As much as it’s good signing up the spine of a good team, we probably need to watch what we’re doing with the 2 year contracts. How often have we seen guys at this level have 1 good season and that’s it. Would hate for us to be in a position where we’re stuck with 3/4 players on 2 year contracts that aren’t performing 

Get what you mean @Snoddyisabino, however when you look at Currie,Carrick & Thomson, they've shown over the years that they are good players at this level and whether here or elsewhere, have been high performers and would be an asset to any League 2 and any Part Time League 1 team. Davidson and if my memory is correct and Dunsmore, Young has worked with both before and knows them, so no risk there you would have thought.

Edited by BB_Bino

1 hour ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Get what you mean @Snoddyisabino, however when you look at Currie,Carrick & Thomson, they've shown over the years that they are good players at this level and whether here or elsewhere, have been high performers and would be an asset to any League 1 and the Part Time League 1 team. Davidson and if my memory is correct and Dunsmore, Young has worked with both before and knows them, so no risk there you would have thought.

Yeah agree with you for the most part regarding Carrick, Thompson and Currie. But it’s more guys like Spence / Davidson / Mcgregor that I’d be a bit more concerned about. McGregor is wildly inconsistent, Spence has done an okay job as a squad player but I’m not sure I agree with giving jobbing squad players 2 year deals and Davidson has been okay in parts but still not excellent. At this level I’d expect 2 year deals to be going out to guys that have been performing well for a long period of time - these guys haven’t. As long as the 2 year contracts stop there I’ll be satisfied 

3 hours ago, mo83 said:

Hope you boys get up into League 1 cracking day out and you can get their by train.Big game the night 3 points and you are very good position 👍

Very happy memories of a specfic day in Montrose in 1996!

55 minutes ago, jsavage said:

Very happy memories of a specfic day in Montrose in 1996!

Remember that well too just a young loon,but remember big Gary Paterson and co with Kevin Drinkell winning the league at LP.

6 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

8 points………is it time to get excited yet? 

As it stands we need 11 points to be certain of winning the title. That assumes Dumbarton win all their games and overcome an 18 goal deficit.

Realistically, I think 6 points would probably do us. Sons would need to win 5 of their remaining games to pip us.

As WC says though, one game at a time. Won't relax until it's (hopefully) done and dusted.