Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Diamond8 said:

Would rather lose out on this than lose out on a clubemoji23.pngemoji23.png

We'll see :D No doubt we'll sell on one of our youngsters and that'll keep us going. Mind you, we get cash for Scougall and McNulty going up with Sheffield Utd if they do

How long are those utter clowns Dalziel and Wilson going to get?
TICK TOCK

What is Wilson's contract situation?

I can't comment on today as wasn't there, but we can't afford as a club to go sacking managers left right and centre. Although I'm extremely disappointed with what's happening at the moment, I do believe if Wilson was allowed to build his own squad and have a decent pre-season and could get a decent number 2 along side him, things might be different, obviously there's no crystal ball to see how things will develop.

Just now, whereismillar said:

Did he not win his first five games in charge ?

He took over from Kevin McBride who had won several games in a row. MW then had a three game winning run, but we have now lost 8 of 12 since then. Form like that seems more like relegation fodder from a full time set up .

13 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

He took over from Kevin McBride who had won several games in a row. MW then had a three game winning run, but we have now lost 8 of 12 since then. Form like that seems more like relegation fodder from a full time set up .

McBride had won 2 games in a row.. then Wilson took over and won 4 in a row in the league (with a Scottish Cup defeat thrown in there). Either way I don't really think that is relevant to anything. We have lost 7 of our last 10 league games, our squad is poor but I refuse to believe it is so poor that 7 points from the last 30 is acceptable.

Said it at the time but it was a stupid appointment. What did Wilson have on his coaching CV that McBride didn't? Then for some reason Dalziel is thrown in there, justified by being experienced. If you want experience then why not just appoint an experienced manager and cut out the middle man?

32 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

I can't comment on today as wasn't there, but we can't afford as a club to go sacking managers left right and centre. Although I'm extremely disappointed with what's happening at the moment, I do believe if Wilson was allowed to build his own squad and have a decent pre-season and could get a decent number 2 along side him, things might be different, obviously there's no crystal ball to see how things will develop.

Absolutely nothing to suggest that Wilson is up to the job. The complete opposite is true to be honest. 

Absolutely nothing to suggest that Wilson is up to the job. The complete opposite is true to be honest. 

Can't help but think he needs to be judged on his own team though. I'm as frustrated with the run were on as the next guy. But we don't have money to be chopping and changing the management team every time we have a poor run.

41 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

McBride had won 2 games in a row.. then Wilson took over and won 4 in a row in the league (with a Scottish Cup defeat thrown in there). Either way I don't really think that is relevant to anything. We have lost 7 of our last 10 league games, our squad is poor but I refuse to believe it is so poor that 7 points from the last 30 is acceptable.

Said it at the time but it was a stupid appointment. What did Wilson have on his coaching CV that McBride didn't? Then for some reason Dalziel is thrown in there, justified by being experienced. If you want experience then why not just appoint an experienced manager and cut out the middle man?

I had counted the Cup game as a  defeat and got it as three but I do see that we did win the next League game at Peterhead as I was there. I had hoped that result might set us up for a good run but 5 at home to Stenny and a miserable run really ever since has made me wonder about his credentials and those who brought in Dalziel as well. He will be there till the end of the season if only for money reasons as Carluke diamond says.

Archived