Election Day

BerwickMad

I was away to work too early to vote beforehand

Will be doing my duty later SNP/Green

Good man.

Would never vote Green in a million years. If those c***s had a sniff of power they'd have toll booths back on the bridges, tolls on every motorway and will tax cars and fuel to the max in order to pay for their pishy busses filled with smelly work Dodgers and their Jeremy Kyle children...

SNP both votes for me

You sound like you could be a candidate for Jeremy Kyle tbh.

Just back, abstain/SNP. I couldn't bring myself to vote for the Creationist and homophone that is Dick Lyle.

Good for you. Don't know a lot about him but a wee Google search suggest he's a bit of an arsehole.

Why is it SNP supporters were so jubilant to see the back of so many toxic SLab individuals at the GE but keep so quiet about the roasters in our own ranks?

Went SNP/Green in the end.

Another good man.

While I still think it's the most likely outcome, the SNP holding onto their majority isn't necessarily the foregone conclusion the media and others seem to think it is.A combination of voter apathy and the Greens splitting the list vote could just be harmful. That's why the "BothVotes" campaign was being pushed so hard this time round.As I said, another SNP majority does still seem likely but figures from the first handful of results will be interesting, as will the first list result.

I certainly don't want to see any result that suggests a diminution in support for Indpendence, but a minority SNP administration with Green support would not be the worst thing in the world. That said I'm fairly certain it will still be a majority.

SNP/Green. Never thought I'd see an election of some sort in Govan with no Labour adverts... well, anywhere.There was one in mine that had the tagline of "no more referendums, no more devolution." I'd love to see them trying to sell that to people.

Pleased to see so many SNP/Green voters on here. Very encouraging. :)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got a text from the SNP reminding me that it's polling day. Panic stations at SNP HQ imo.

Its more hands on in dundee,knocking on doors, posting crap through your letterbox all day.

Organised harassment.

Looking to be interesting - if going by voting patterns in here.

No idea how it'll go and sure a few folk last year were jittery about Labour clinging on in Glasgow, but low turnout and a sufficent number of folk vote Green on the list vote, the SNP might fall a few seats short of a majority and a SNP-Green govt?

Soon find out. Doubt election night will beat last year, but should be fairly interesting seeing how this unfolds tonight.

Its more hands on in dundee,knocking on doors, posting crap through your letterbox all day.

Organised harassment.

Changed days kev,we have the resources now....great isnt it ?

Greens sweeping up on the p&b list. Hopefully it's the same everywhere. Would love for them to be the headlines

We'd be independent now if p&b was a guide.

My ex, an SNP supporter, voted SNP/Tory.

Glad those 2 years together weren't worthless.

Except it doesn't make a lot of sense unless he's a right winger who believes in independence. Even then it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Except it doesn't make a lot of sense unless he's a right winger who believes in independence. Even then it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Exactly. If you're a right-winger who believes in independence, it should be #BothVotesSNP.

;)

Greens sweeping up on the p&b list. Hopefully it's the same everywhere. Would love for them to be the headlines

I think they'll see some massive gains overall, but it's probably easy to overestimate them since a lot of their traction comes from younger student types and people who go on social media. Still though, they'll do quite well overall and probably move into the 4th party spot, which would be a fantastic result for them.

That's basically him.

He would have voted Scottish Libertarians, but they're not on the list in his region apparently. 

Another good man.

Cheers, had been a bit uncertain. Fringe elements of the Greens worry me a bit, and I've really not been keen on the SNP's dull campaign to the point where I'd kinda considered the Lib Dems, but they're generally spineless to the point where even though I quite liked elements of their manifesto, I stuck with the original SNP/Green plan. Time will tell whether it paid off.

Seeing a lot going Green in the lists, but there's still a massive number opting for both of their votes to go SNP. Don't really see the point in most regions, but ah well.

Cheers, had been a bit uncertain. Fringe elements of the Greens worry me a bit, and I've really not been keen on the SNP's dull campaign to the point where I'd kinda considered the Lib Dems, but they're generally spineless to the point where even though I quite liked elements of their manifesto, I stuck with the original SNP/Green plan. Time will tell whether it paid off.

Seeing a lot going Green in the lists, but there's still a massive number opting for both of their votes to go SNP. Don't really see the point in most regions, but ah well.

I couldn't call myself a natural Green supporter in a million years, but I'm less than happy with the timid policy of the SNP on tax and wealth redistribution issues. I know the powers are limited but there seems to be a reluctance to even use what powers exist.

I'm also a bit pissed off that there wasn't a cull of the homophobic MSPs prior to this election; smacks of complacency to me.

When you look at options for the second vote who may have more progressive tax policies there's Labour (no chance I'd vote for them), RISE (ditto) and the Greens.

Pleased to see the numbers on here going Green, but let's remember how left-wing P&B tends to be in polls compared to the electorate generally.

I've been utterly meh about this one as it's pretty much a foregone conclusion. Last year was phenomenal and will only be beaten by a yes vote in another referendum.

Aye, it's a weird one as aside from 7 constituencies there's nothing interesting in the FPTP votes - the rest are all SNP guarantees barring an abject disaster for them. The List is the interesting thing here and that's not got the quite the same drama to it, along with not being announced until 5 in the morning at the earliest and probably not until close to 12 tomorrow for some.

Would never vote Green in a million years. If those c***s had a sniff of power they'd have toll booths back on the bridges, tolls on every motorway and will tax cars and fuel to the max in order to pay for their pishy busses filled with smelly work Dodgers and their Jeremy Kyle children...

SNP both votes for me

BwjdH6AIcAAThLY.jpg

SNP both votes for me

in summary

1. dismisses an entire section of the population who use buses as "smelly work dodgers" with "Jeremy Kyle children"

2. delivers an unsolicited spittle-flecked rant about the costs of motoring that would embarrass Clarkson

3. denies being a right wing bigot

45-ok-gif-645.gif

I couldn't call myself a natural Green supporter in a million years, but I'm less than happy with the timid policy of the SNP on tax and wealth redistribution issues. I know the powers are limited but there seems to be a reluctance to even use what powers exist.

I'm also a bit pissed off that there wasn't a cull of the homophobic MSPs prior to this election; smacks of complacency to me.

When you look at options for the second vote who may have more progressive tax policies there's Labour (no chance I'd vote for them), RISE (ditto) and the Greens.

Aye, there's plenty I find suspect about Greens. Many of their tax ideas might be a bit too radical for me, and their need to attach 'equality' in some form to just about everything on their manifesto gets tiresome quickly, even though I'm someone who heavily agrees with equality.

Still, the SNP feel a bit complacent this time round in general - it feels like it's basically been a campaign of damage limitation to keep things as they are. I suspect they're trying to keep the active members happy - they don't want to alienate their long-time supporters, but also want to try and appease the new ones. As a result they feel like they're falling somewhere in the middle, and not really doing anything at all. Having another indy supporting party gaining traction can surely only be a good thing. During the referendum it was common to hear the whole thing tarnished as just being the SNP, so the 4th party being in favour of independence would be a massive boost for the movement.

Archived