Election Day

BerwickMad

I think there a sense of 'voter apathy' out there.

I've seen very little in the way of election posters. Nothing for Labour. 3 cars with SNP flags sticking out of their windows and a couple of SNP posters in house windows.

Haven't even had my door chapped by the parties - last time round at the GE I had Labour, the Lib Dems and the SNP.

You wouldn't know their was an election on unless you were passing a polling station - it is all rather low key.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reluctantly James Dorman SNP on the first ballot (c**t wouldn't hug me outside Yes Cathcart base on referendum day despite my 'Hugs for Yes' sign I was carrying around in a stick). Hovered over STUC but sticking it to the unionists won out.

RISE on the list.

Only SNP at the station but flicked the Vs at a motor with Labour flag en route.

The things we dae for our country :lol: :lol: :thumsup2

I've seen very little in the way of election posters. Nothing for Labour. 3 cars with SNP flags sticking out of their windows and a couple of SNP posters in house windows.

Haven't even had my door chapped by the parties - last time round at the GE I had Labour, the Lib Dems and the SNP.

You wouldn't know their was an election on unless you were passing a polling station - it is all rather low key.

Very much this. I've not even heard it discussed away from P&B and the Leader's Debates tbh. No campaigners in sight around me, you'd think polls closed at lunch time.

That said, 90% of all politics I've heard about recently has related to Brexit. I've seen more about the student elections at the uni tbh!

I'm aware that the majority under threat chat is almost certainly SNP initiated campaigning to get the vote out but I'm waiting to see the first few declarations before feeling too relaxed. For reasons discussed previously on here I couldn't vote but if I was able to, there's a very decent chance I'd have bottled it and went both votes SNP.

Away to have a look for a Green handicap to bet under because I've a feeling that will be a common feeling across the country today.

Pretty nervous about watching the results come in to be honest. What time does a Scottish one usually finish up? First one I've paid attention to. 18 at the last one and never paid any attention.

Final result won't be known till the afternoon 

Final result won't be known till the afternoon 

Yup. The constituency votes are counted overnight so results coming in any time from around 1am (inner city seats) until around 6 or 7 in the morning (teuchters)

Then they get started on the regional list. The last two elections it's been Friday teatime by the time the final regions reveal their scores.

Yup. The constituency votes are counted overnight so results coming in any time from around 1am (inner city seats) until around 6 or 7 in the morning (teuchters)

Then they get started on the regional list. The last two elections it's been Friday teatime by the time the final regions reveal their scores.

Mid Scotland and Fife region hoping to declare in Perth around 5am. Folk should get their finger out in the highlands.

Archived