Election Day

BerwickMad

No kidding, including a few there's not been a leaflet round for - the one that stuck out was for the bams "proclaiming Christ's Lordship".

They've been around for years, mostly standing in English constituencies for Westminster. They have the "proclaiming Christ's Lordship" as part of their name so the returning officer has to read it out.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would never vote Green in a million years. If those c***s had a sniff of power they'd have toll booths back on the bridges, tolls on every motorway and will tax cars and fuel to the max in order to pay for their pishy busses filled with smelly work Dodgers and their Jeremy Kyle children...

Reading a manifesto sometimes helps when you're trying to discuss policy.

Polling station was dead.

Really low turnout and the SNP could lose their majority.

Middle of the afternoon? It's likely to be.

Anyone any idea what turnout is loking like, last thing I saw was around 50-65% (a fairly wide range)

Nine hours planned on station today plus the count tonight. Bare footed and walking on granite flints for Scotland and it's people.

Steady wherever I've been. Plenty of thumbs-up. Both votes SNP important. Max majority necessary to ensure delivery over next five years plus set the trend for Council 2017. Not time to get emotional about the nice wee guys.

I came when duty called.

#naevotessnp

What you've just done is the electoral equivalent of using a cup to bale out the Pacific Ocean.

#goodluckwithtthat

Would never vote Green in a million years. If those c***s had a sniff of power they'd have toll booths back on the bridges, tolls on every motorway and will tax cars and fuel to the max in order to pay for their pishy busses filled with smelly work Dodgers and their Jeremy Kyle children...

SNP both votes for me

the voice of the "progressive" SNP speaks.

#bigotedwank

Deserted polling station at eleven this morning. Not a soul in the place when I went in (other than the three manning the place) and no one coming in when I left. This was exactly the same situation at last year's GE and the referendum, which makes me wonder what the hell is up with my polling station.

While I still think it's the most likely outcome, the SNP holding onto their majority isn't necessarily the foregone conclusion the media and others seem to think it is.

A combination of voter apathy and the Greens splitting the list vote could just be harmful. That's why the "BothVotes" campaign was being pushed so hard this time round.

As I said, another SNP majority does still seem likely but figures from the first handful of results will be interesting, as will the first list result.

Deserted polling station at eleven this morning. Not a soul in the place when I went in (other than the three manning the place) and no one coming in when I left. This was exactly the same situation at last year's GE and the referendum, which makes me wonder what the hell is up with my polling station.

They saw you coming and scarpered save you boring them to tears with the same tripe you subject us to.

While I still think it's the most likely outcome, the SNP holding onto their majority isn't necessarily the foregone conclusion the media and others seem to think it is.

A combination of voter apathy and the Greens splitting the list vote could just be harmful. That's why the "BothVotes" campaign was being pushed so hard this time round.

As I said, another SNP majority does still seem likely but figures from the first handful of results will be interesting, as will the first list result.

Problem with that is you have to find a number of seats the SNP will lose constituency wise and they just aren't there.

SNP will get 70 plus seats easily.

Problem with that is you have to find a number of seats the SNP will lose constituency wise and they just aren't there.

SNP will get 70 plus seats easily.

That's true if swings are uniform and there are no local factors at work like those that saved Ian Murray in Edinburgh South at the Westminster election. The SNP will probably do it, but there are seats like Eastwood and Edinburgh Western where if the pro-Union vote were to coalesce around one candidate tactically it would seriously throw off the uniform swings that are used by seat predictors.

That's true if swings are uniform and there are no local factors at work like those that saved Ian Murray in Edinburgh South at the Westminster election. The SNP will probably do it, but there are seats like Eastwood and Edinburgh West where if the pro-Union vote were to coalesce around one candidate tactically it would seriously throw off the uniform swings that are used by seat predictors.

Though in turn, would this not be evened out by the SNP possibly gaining a list seat in that region?

Though in turn, would this not be evened out by the SNP possibly gaining a list seat in that region?

Not if the list vote is sufficiently split, hence the "BothVotes" campaign.

Archived