Stinlar v Super Ayr; Honest Men v Ferry Boys: Promotion bonanza

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm maybe being whooshed, but I don't see any issue with what he said. Ayr were the second best throughout the season, the league table doesn't lie. Anyone who has a genuine issue with it would have to be extremely simple. Mind you I've met some Ayr fans :P

McCall said throughout the season that Ayr were the better team with the better players.

I'm maybe being whooshed, but I don't see any issue with what he said. Ayr were the second best throughout the season, the league table doesn't lie. Anyone who has a genuine issue with it would have to be extremely simple. Mind you I've met some Ayr fans :P

Granty got there before me.

Having seen Ayr earlier in the season against Dunfermline and being quite impressed that was an awful display today and it was just as well that Stranraer were equally as poor.

Ayr finished second so a deserved outcome.

I have seen some terrible penalty shoot outs in my time but the Stranraer penalties take some beating - to lose in that fashion on the back of some truly embarassing efforts must be a terrible anti climax for the supporters.

Great crowd though - didnt see that coming and a decent Stranraer support as well.

If Longworth keeps his eyes open, he scores that sitter very late on. All he needed to do was have the ball touch his head.

If he does anything else with that penalty, it's a lot better than the one he hit.

Stranraer had huge chances to win that tie, but crumpled a bit at the end. It's a pity.

Well done Ayr. Interesting to hear your chairman and then mccall speak about going full-time. mccall didn't sound up for it at all saying it isn't the right move for the club and they could be a club who pays very good pt wages rather than a club paying low ft wages. Makes sense imo.

If Longworth keeps his eyes open, he scores that sitter very late on. All he needed to do was have the ball touch his head.

If he does anything else with that penalty, it's a lot better than the one he hit.

Stranraer had huge chances to win that tie, but crumpled a bit at the end. It's a pity.

Pundits say Stranraer edged both ties but lacked in scorer, as did Ayr. But Ayr took better spot kicks.

Pundits say Stranraer edged both ties but lacked in scorer, as did Ayr. But Ayr took better spot kicks.

Ayr were shite over both legs,

Ayr are up.

Dreadful game, I was nervous about playing Stranraer because of Reids ability to win these kind of games, over both legs Stranraer stopped Ayr playing. Today Gibson and Stirling were quiet and the game was pretty much a non-event.

Dallas was dreadful but I don't think there was any big shouts for him to get wrong

40 games over 10 months and it took penalties to decide who went up, Fleming kept us in the tie midweek and won it today, although I feared the worst when big Andy went up to hit number 4.

Was there one Ayr fan trying to climb the wall in to the away end during the pitch invasion? 

Normally we manage to fcuk these games up when we get a lapsed fans coming back, hopefully some will get the taste for it again.

Archived