Stinlar v Super Ayr; Honest Men v Ferry Boys: Promotion bonanza

What have you lot done wrong to cause this feeling?

Just always been a dislike for the club as not enough locals have came through and not enough has been done in the community. However when we were clsoe to going under, Keith Knox gave several locals a chance and because we were getting pumped every week no one bothered coming to watch us. Now we have an ex local player doing a community football coaching around primary schools all over Wigtownshire promoting the club and handing out free tickets etc yet some are still not happy. Can sort of see why at the end of the day same as any other club, pull of the Old Firm/ high prices ( set by the SFA-SPFL) lack of quality of football. 

Expect there to be about 500 Stranraer fans to about 750 Ayr fan. Would be slightly suprised if Ayr brought more than that considering some home crowds have been below 1000 this year but you never know for a play off final.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just always been a dislike for the club as not enough locals have came through and not enough has been done in the community. However when we were clsoe to going under, Keith Knox gave several locals a chance and because we were getting pumped every week no one bothered coming to watch us. Now we have an ex local player doing a community football coaching around primary schools all over Wigtownshire promoting the club and handing out free tickets etc yet some are still not happy. Can sort of see why at the end of the day same as any other club, pull of the Old Firm/ high prices ( set by the SFA-SPFL) lack of quality of football.

Expect there to be about 500 Stranraer fans to about 750 Ayr fan. Would be slightly suprised if Ayr brought more than that considering some home crowds have been below 1000 this year but you never know for a play off final.

1,000 at least from the mighty Ayr.

From the gaffer

Hopefully we take a huge support down to Stranraer, I cant stress enough how much of a difference it would make to the boys to run out to a mass of black and white colour and noise.â€

can't make it tonight.......make some noise for me

mon Ayr

This is on Alba tonight. I shall be watching and I'm looking forward to it.

Will be happy with whoever joins us in the Championship as both are good away days and I like both grounds.

This is on Alba tonight. I shall be watching and I'm looking forward to it.

Will be happy with whoever joins us in the Championship as both are good away days and I like both grounds.

Watch those splinters in yer arse there

Actually come to think of it, of course my couch is made of wood. It does have upholstery on it though, which is really what I was getting at.

Are you implying that my couch is not upholstered, or is upholstered with wood?

It's not like Stranraer to come up with a daft price that will cause havoc at the turnstiles.......

Same price it's been all season. Why change it now?

If we don't go up at least the club will of cashed in from a good attendance.

Actually quite looking forward to watching this on TV. I shall officially be supporting Ayr because I spend most of my time in Uni with an Ayr fan and a Killie fan and want an Ayrshire derby next season.

Also Ayr is not about a thousand years away, we occasionally beat them, and they don't have Willie Gibson to inevitably score against us 4 times next season.

I'm pretty sure the Ayr fans supported us in the playoff final against Airdrie too, so I'll repay that faith.

#NickyDevlinLoyal #SoopaAyr

Same price it's been all season. Why change it now?

If we don't go up at least the club will of cashed in from a good attendance.

Wee team mentality, keeping the prices high for big clubs with large travelling supports, so I do understand.

Actually quite looking forward to watching this on TV. I shall officially be supporting Ayr because I spend most of my time in Uni with an Ayr fan and a Killie fan and want an Ayrshire derby next season.

Also Ayr is not about a thousand years away, we occasionally beat them, and they don't have Willie Gibson to inevitably score against us 4 times next season.

I'm pretty sure the Ayr fans supported us in the playoff final against Airdrie too, so I'll repay that faith.

#NickyDevlinLoyal #SoopaAyr

Still funny.

Looking forward to the two games, should be cracking ties!

Selection dilemma for McCall with Graham/Adams in terms of if he plays them both and who misses out if he does. Would be extremely harsh on Crawford who I feel is the obvious choice to drop out positionally.

Gibson and Stirling carry a threat so must be nullified.

Should be a fantastic atmosphere at both games (Sunday will depend on tonight's result).

Mon Ayr!

Archived