The Partick Thistle thread

Good stuff. That tallies with the info I have. Have they not won it since 1921? A Thistle supporting pal of mine never tires of telling me they won it in the 70s, has a wee story to go with it. Was it the league cup?

Beat Celtic 4-1 in the League Cup final in '71.

Got a wee question for ye guys. Have Thistle ever finished runner up i n the Scottish Cup?

Good stuff. That tallies with the info I have. Have they not won it since 1921? A Thistle supporting pal of mine never tires of telling me they won it in the 70s, has a wee story to go with it. Was it the league cup?

I wasn't born back then, where you?

Use google, you thicko.

I don't know if this is just in my head but we seem to draw teams a lot that we play in the league just before or just after the cup game.

Dunfermline and ICT in the past few years. Possibly with Accies as well with a League Cup tie that went to ET? Aye you might be right.

I don't know if this is just in my head but we seem to draw teams a lot that we play in the league just before or just after the cup game.

Last few years Qos twice at Firhill in a couple of weeks- won the league game and lost the cup game, Dunfermline the same.

Also, Aberdeen, Hamilton, ICT the last two seasons. Also St Mirren in the league cup last season. If we didn't keep drawing teams in our own league that would be great.

On a different note, splitting the train ticket at Perth still the most efficient way to get to Dundee? Went up on the supporters bus before Christmas which was my first trip to Dundee in about 5 years.

Last few years Qos twice at Firhill in a couple of weeks- won the league game and lost the cup game, Dunfermline the same.

Also, Aberdeen, Hamilton, ICT the last two seasons. Also St Mirren in the league cup last season. If we didn't keep drawing teams in our own league that would be great.

On a different note, splitting the train ticket at Perth still the most efficient way to get to Dundee? Went up on the supporters bus before Christmas which was my first trip to Dundee in about 5 years.

If you can get advance fares sometimes the 2 singles to and from Dundee are cheap enough, if not then splitting at Perth is the best bet.

A boring yet winnable tie.

I'm sure we played Falkirk 4 or 5 season's back about 6 or 7 times.

Zzzzzzzzzz

Iirc we've played both Falkirk and Livingston 7 times in a season in the past decade. Maybe someone like SLJ will be able to confirm.

If you can get advance fares sometimes the 2 singles to and from Dundee are cheap enough, if not then splitting at Perth is the best bet.

Cheers, I had a look earlier and the only cheaper advance singles leave a bit early, only saving £4, will just split two off peak returns.

Iirc we've played both Falkirk and Livingston 7 times in a season in the past decade. Maybe someone like SLJ will be able to confirm.

2010-11 we played Falkirk 7 times, both cups including replay, plus god knows how many postponed games were slated.

I think we also played Livi due to cup replay and Peterhead in the playoff season 6 times.

edit: here it is, every day I woke up thinking we're playing Falkirk.

post-107-0-01360100-1452539791_thumb.png

Edited by Fuctifano

Livingston in 2007/08 was a sixer.

Falkirk in 2010/11 was a sevener.

Peterhead was another sixer in 2005/06

Dundee was a fiver in 2002/03 but we only played them three times in the league meeting them in both cups.

Cheers, I had a look earlier and the only cheaper advance singles leave a bit early, only saving £4, will just split two off peak returns.

2010-11 we played Falkirk 7 times, both cups including replay, plus god knows how many postponed games were slated.

I think we also played Livi due to cup replay and Peterhead in the playoff season 6 times.

edit: here it is, every day I woke up thinking we're playing Falkirk.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Luxury

in 1983, we drew 1-1 against Kilmarnock in the Cup at the end of January. In February, we played them twice more both with extra time before finally winning the fourth match. We fitted in a League match against Dumbarton, then drew a cup tie with Clyde, the replay was abandoned in extra time, played Clyde in the League then beat them 6-0 in the replayed replay, all before the end of the month.