The Partick Thistle thread

Half time. Bring a desk to the side of the JHS and have them sign it just before the second half kicks off.

This. Very much this. They can do the 50/50 draw while they're at it, and everyone too far away to work out who it is can be left wondering when the PA system can only announce the contract signing for "K........lan" and "Mus........d...ya"

Like the good old John Lambie pre internet days when you'd turn up and have to ask who the number 5 was as you'd missed the teams being announced and he'd signed on the Friday night too late to make the papers.

Hopeful Stevo moving on means that there's at least one more incoming, even if it's just using what we have left over from his wages due minus his payoff to get Erskine in during this window.

Aberdeen mad website article is talking about them placing a bid for Bannigan so they get him this January. Similar situation as them taking McLean last year as they face competition from English clubs for his signature. Not sure how much (low-ish is language used), but I'd say that means potentially a couple of hundred thousand may lure the board to let him go as we'd get nothing for him end of season.

Dundee article also saying we are trying hard to get Erskine in now but depends if Mixu can get another couple of bodies in.

If we can get in Erskine would you let Banzo go?

Aberdeen mad website article is talking about them placing a bid for Bannigan so they get him this January. Similar situation as them taking McLean last year as they face competition from English clubs for his signature. Not sure how much (low-ish is language used), but I'd say that means potentially a couple of hundred thousand may lure the board to let him go as we'd get nothing for him end of season.

Dundee article also saying we are trying hard to get Erskine in now but depends if Mixu can get another couple of bodies in.

If we can get in Erskine would you let Banzo go?

No, as they are completely different types of player.

Dolan was a good defensive midfielder, think his tally of 2 goals in one season for us- both belters- was his career best. He was definitely on the way down when he came to us, having been one of the 6 (I think) players Lambie signed that season who had played for Livi the year before and then been binned when they got promoted. We let him go when we got promoted and he retired.

Not quite true he played on in the reserves /u21's for that season to see out the remainder of his contract.

Oh and the Selik fans always hated him for some reason

Not quite true he played on in the reserves /u21's for that season to see out the remainder of his contract.

Oh and the Selik fans always hated him for some reason

Scored a peach from just over the half way line in a pre season friendly at Newlandsfield, too.

Maybe his debut.

Can anyone tell my what type of player Jamie Dolan was for us? I'm too young to remember what he did; combative? ball retention? killer pass? Etc etc

Jamie Dolan was a great professional and a very nice guy. I was a mascot years ago when I was 13 or 14 and the guy took time out his build up to the game to come and pass the ball about with me for 10 - 15 mins and told me how to kick the ball the best way etc. Would have been a great coach or manager imo.unfortunately his life was cut short and I had a wee tear in my eye when I heard he passed. Great guy! RIP Jamie Dolan