The Partick Thistle thread

The thing with Azeez is for all he has bags of energy he so far does not look like someone who is going to get us many goals.  It is of course very early days yet

Agreed. Get Pat Clark in.

Sparta Rotterdam's official unveiling - https://www.sparta-rotterdam.nl/2/12/24701/mathias-pogba-naar-sparta-rotterdam/. Google translate -

"Sparta Rotterdam has reached an agreement with Mathias Pogba on a one-year contract with an option for an additional season. The 26-year-old Guinean with a French passport comes from Partick Thistle from Scotland.

"Coach Alex Pastoor on the attacker: "With the arrival of Mathias Pogba we increase our diversity in attack. Besides the fact that he's big and strong he also brings more opportunities with them in terms of playing style. That is partly because of his international experience, including in the Scottish and Italian league. "

"Mathias Pogba on his move: "The transition to Sparta is a great step in my career. The Premier League is a very nice platform for football players in Europe and is still well regarded. I close tomorrow with the selection and look forward to performing with Sparta.""

That's Pogba now at 26 at his eighth club and hasn't really had a good record at any of his previous seven. The athletic build of a centre back lumping around up front is never a good plan on paper. Hope he finds some success some day but seems somewhat doubtful.

Makes sense to free up Pogba to allow us to do more business before this window slams shut. Please let it be enough for the CB and CM we need!

I will say Pogba in the Dutch top flight makes little sense. He is not good enough to play there but love it if he proves me wrong. If he cannot score versus sh*te in our league then he's not going to do it against the likes of  PSV, Twente, Ajax or Feyenoord.

All the best to the big lad.   

Smart decision re Pogba and probably best for both parties. Glad he had something lined-up as he seems a nice guy but at this level he offers us nothing. If we can get another striker in we have an excellent complement of attacking options, but frankly I'm more interested in seeing a centre back and/or a defensive midfielder coming in.