The Partick Thistle thread

On 01/01/2018 at 15:23, Virtual Insanity said:

Mccarthy did more in his 30 minutes on Saturday than Fraser has done in 2 years. Would be disappointed if he skips Mccarthy in the pecking order. 

McCarthy has impressed me so far and would very much hope there is money for a contract for him. Really surprises me that we persisted with Barton in midfield when McCarthy was available considering Archie started him against Celtic again. Surely if good enough to play against them, he's good enough to get a start in any other game. 

Buzzing not to be bottom of the league though. 

Had a look at them on Wiki, and there are quite a few big/recognised names in their squad (including Luis Figo, who I'm sure is only there because someone is taking the piss). In addition to Tevez you've got Demba Ba, Fredy Guarin, Giovanni Moreno, Obafemi Martins.

They also have a player called Wang Shouting.

Distinct lack of transfer rumours so allow me to be the 1st dipshit to get the ball rolling!

Ross Draper. Coyle doesn't seem to fancy him and word around the campfire is he wants to get Tansey from Aberdeen. That plus needing to get players of the wagebill before bringing in his own players might make this a possible

Liam Henderson. Hasn't done anything this season that i'm aware of, can also play CM but Hibs might be looking at him if they are selling McGinn this window

Scott Wright. Aberdeen have just added McGinn to an embarrassment of riches on the wings, loan deal might be plausible

Wouldn't be a transfer window without this beautiful b*****d being mentioned...lyle-taylor-wimbledon-plymouth_3476033.j

3 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Distinct lack of transfer rumours so allow me to be the 1st dipshit to get the ball rolling!

Ross Draper. Coyle doesn't seem to fancy him and word around the campfire is he wants to get Tansey from Aberdeen. That plus needing to get players of the wagebill before bringing in his own players might make this a possible

Liam Henderson. Hasn't done anything this season that i'm aware of, can also play CM but Hibs might be looking at him if they are selling McGinn this window

Scott Wright. Aberdeen have just added McGinn to an embarrassment of riches on the wings, loan deal might be plausible

Wouldn't be a transfer window without this beautiful b*****d being mentioned...lyle-taylor-wimbledon-plymouth_3476033.j

I'm not 100% on the cut-offs but you can only have one "overage" player on loan from a Scottish club which I think would rule us out for Henderson as he's 21 coming up for 22 (assuming you mean on loan, I doubt we could afford him permanently).

As it was a quiet first day back at work I ended up doing this "where are they now" of the players that have left us since we clinched promotion in 2013, not including youth players that got a token end of season appearance or two. Loan signings in italics. Although it's slightly out of date with Balatoni leaving Falkirk

There's 4 guys on the "out of football" list under the age of 30!

image.png.977240ca68027cec23b1d22ec8be4f4c.png

Edited by Fuctifano

16 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I'm not 100% on the cut-offs but you can only have one "overage" player on loan from a Scottish club which I think would rule us out for Henderson as he's 21 coming up for 22 (assuming you mean on loan, I doubt we could afford him permanently).

As it was a quiet first day back at work I ended up doing this "where are they now" of the players that have left us since we clinched promotion in 2013, not including youth players that got a token end of season appearance or two. Loan signings in italics. Although it's slightly out of date with Balatoni leaving Falkirk

There's 4 guys on the "out of football" list under the age of 30!

image.png.977240ca68027cec23b1d22ec8be4f4c.png

Completly forgot about the loan age rule, was mostly bored and threw some names out after a few mins thought (as opposed to me giving something any thought at all..)

Only said Henderson as it would be a body that wouldn't breakdown after 2 games and can actually do a job. However, I expect he wants to go back to hibs and it would be an easy replacement for McGinn in some form of swap.

Honestly think Draper is gettable though

I’m not sure about the loan rules, tbh. The SPFL rules seem to suggest you can’t have more than one player from a club in the same league. The age limit seems to be 23 rather than 20 or 21 for normal temporary transfers?

I questioned Craig Fowler suggesting we would be the best destination for that Celtic lad Koubassi(sp.) as we have The Fish on loan.

Link to SPFL Rules: Page 122 for Rules on Temporary Transfers

Restrictions on Temporary Transfers

Spoiler

Restrictions on Temporary Transfers
59. Subject to Regulations 64, a Club shall not:-
(i) at any time have an aggregate of more than four Players Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined;
(ii) at any time have Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined more than one Player who is not be an Under 23 Player;
(iii) in any period of twelve months from 1 July in any one calendar year to 30 June (inclusive) in the next, Play in all Competitions more than two Players Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined who are/were not Under 23 Players;
(iv) at any time have more than one Player Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined from any one Club for the time being eligible to participate in the same Division as itself;
(v) at any time have more than two Players Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined from any one Club for the time being eligible to participate in another Division from itself; and
(vi) at any time have more than three Players Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers, Emergency Temporary Transfers and Development Temporary Transfers combined from any one Club.