The Partick Thistle thread

Can’t think of many players who don’t suit Doolan’s desired style of play more than Alan Power tbf. 

4 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

I hope that McMillan going off was just due to not having played and nothing more serious. 

Doolan post match said it was just cramp due to lack of game time. 

4 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

I hope that McMillan going off was just due to not having played and nothing more serious. I suppose had McKenzie been available he would’ve come on instead of putting Williams to right back. Straw clutching here, if Milne hadn’t deflected the shot for their 1st, I am not sure it was going in.

Williams pass to him was a hospital ball that led to him going off.

I think Williams can play, but he seriously needs to pull his finger out of his arse - he's lackadaisical as fcuk.

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

Can’t think of many players who don’t suit Doolan’s desired style of play more than Alan Power tbf. 

True, but if the desired style of play means that teams will walk through our midfield because we've signed a bunch of guys who can't protect the defence then maybe the style of play needs tweaked a little. Won't be done until January at the earliest now though (unless we get a couple of injuries and sign someone at the tail end of the window).

On 06/08/2023 at 13:23, jagsfan57 said:

I hope that McMillan going off was just due to not having played and nothing more serious. I suppose had McKenzie been available he would’ve come on instead of putting Williams to right back. Straw clutching here, if Milne hadn’t deflected the shot for their 1st, I am not sure it was going in.

Saw some footage from Raith TV on YouTube taken in Colin Weir Stand and looked like shot was not goal bound until Milne's wicked deflection ...hey ho thems the breaks .

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

Tbf our second goal was pretty jammy as well, unless anyone thinks Mcinroy played a beautiful outside of the foot pass to Fitzpatrick? 

Haha. There were a few sclaffs from us and Raith missed some belters, too.

50 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Tbf our second goal was pretty jammy as well, unless anyone thinks Mcinroy played a beautiful outside of the foot pass to Fitzpatrick? 

I think he might have, just like he headed the ball onto the bar for McMillan to score the 1st as well.

thing jags have lacked through the ages is bottle.

”snatching defeat from the jaws of victory” hopefully this is no a sign of things to come.

this sort of result is the difference between automatic promotion and long slog playoff where plenty of opportunity to miss out.

Anyone nanage to get a ticket for Hearts game? I appreciate we don't have many office staff. I'd have gone up after work but office shut at 4.30pm, apparently.

24 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Anyone nanage to get a ticket for Hearts game? I appreciate we don't have many office staff. I'd have gone up after work but office shut at 4.30pm, apparently.

I did, but I seem to have gotten lucky. Phoned up at 12 and was sixth in the queue - got through about 20 past. 

Are we the only full time club that seems incapable of selling away tickets in any sort of easy way for fans to buy? It can't be that difficult to sell them online and keep a handful aside for people phoning or going up.

At least this time we didn't have people leaving a playoff game early to make sure they could buy them.

I heard that the staff were actually checking that people had season tickets before allowing them to purchase this time. That definitely didn't happen for the playoff game in Larbert.

That extra check might have contributed to slowing things down a bit. Still a long way to go until we're a properly functioning club off the pitch, but I guess it's a small improvement in terms of professionalism regardless.