The Partick Thistle thread

10 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I know this is the most mundane of topics, but is this also the price of your kiosks? We've just moved to Pie Sports and the hike in prices has taken a few by surprise. 

Screenshot_2024-07-07-18-42-44-211_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Pretty sure those prices are higher than we were paying last year. Which I assume means we’ll be getting a bump at Firhill as well this upcoming season.

54 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I know this is the most mundane of topics, but is this also the price of your kiosks? We've just moved to Pie Sports and the hike in prices has taken a few by surprise. 

Screenshot_2024-07-07-18-42-44-211_com.facebook.katana.jpg

I think the pie of the month price was what we were paying last season. Not sure on the others but seem around the same ballpark but maybe some increases.

11 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Some interesting interviews from Doolan, Chalmers and Crawford on Jagzone following yesterday's match. All positive.

Some interesting comments from Robbie about how he feels the club is better run know, a proper football club and just a nicer place to be as well as being played in his preferred position.

Doolan happy with how things are going and still looking to add to the squad but he won't declare anything until the deals are signed.

Chalmers was attracted to Thistle by the style of play and the manager. Said the priority is the title and to avoid the playoffs.

Dann this positive feeling I keep getting.

How's Crawford been doing in the games so far? 

1 minute ago, Mr.Blue said:

How's Crawford been doing in the games so far? 

Not seen too much. Got an hour yesterday and had one of those games where he seemed to do a lot of his work off the ball so hard for me to workout his overall contribution. Still, seemed pretty up to speed and we were definitely weakened when he and some others went off.

I'd say he played as the #10 in the absecence of Robinson. Should get a better idea when the LC kicks off next week 

43 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Not seen too much. Got an hour yesterday and had one of those games where he seemed to do a lot of his work off the ball so hard for me to workout his overall contribution. Still, seemed pretty up to speed and we were definitely weakened when he and some others went off.

I'd say he played as the #10 in the absecence of Robinson. Should get a better idea when the LC kicks off next week 

That was his main asset playing for us. His workrate off the ball and pressing was brilliant.  Would liked to have seen him contribute more assists and goals on regular basis. Suppose if he did that he'd be playing at a higher level.

I understand it's different for those with young kids who are desperate for something to eat, but if I can go for 2 hours without a pint at the football I can certainly go 2 hours without a pie sold at about at a 1400% markup. I did get a kebab one a couple of years ago to try it and it was pretty tasty but the prices are out of control now.

I've said on here before but last time we were in the Premiership, there was a game early on in the season where I was choking for a cold drink on a warm day and watched as the staff member poured me a 250ml cup of Irn Bru out of a 2L bottle - the bottle was marked with a RRP at the time of £1 -and charged me £2.50 for it. If we could make that profit on players we'd be in the Champions League.

Not a criticism of Thistle specifically as 99% of clubs will take the same approach.

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I see we got a fake interest on X similar to Dunfermline being offered £750,000 for one of their players recently 😆

Screenshot_20240708_115010_X.thumb.jpg.cd8abe8d7a918184dc5ddb2057f65d0d.jpg

Shame it’s a load of nonsense as we’d be laughing to the bank if we were offered £250k for Stanway.

11 minutes ago, Reid said:

Shame it’s a load of nonsense as we’d be laughing to the bank if we were offered £250k for Stanway.

Think that is the same one who said they were interested in McCann at Dunfermline for 750 grand :lol:

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

watched as the staff member poured me a 250ml cup of Irn Bru out of a 2L bottle - the bottle was marked with a RRP at the time of £1 -and charged me £2.50 for it. If we could make that profit on players we'd be in the Champions League.

Not a criticism of Thistle specifically as 99% of clubs will take the same approach.

This annoys me too. It just encourages you to sneak stuff into a ground or go hungry/thirsty. 

17 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

That was his main asset playing for us. His workrate off the ball and pressing was brilliant.  Would liked to have seen him contribute more assists and goals on regular basis. Suppose if he did that he'd be playing at a higher level.

He is playing at a higher level now 

1 hour ago, cilitbang said:

This annoys me too. It just encourages you to sneak stuff into a ground or go hungry/thirsty. 

They really pour Bru out of a 2 litre bottle??  The only things I ever bought at Thistle games was a Mars bar or two I think.  And it’s been about 17 years since I darkened the door of Firhill…..

56 minutes ago, Braesoyetts said:

They really pour Bru out of a 2 litre bottle??  The only things I ever bought at Thistle games was a Mars bar or two I think.  And it’s been about 17 years since I darkened the door of Firhill…..

Yeah 🙃

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Yeah 🙃

Sounds like being at Adamslie Park.

For the record, in order, the best ways to drink Irn Bru:

1 - 750ml (or maybe it was a litre) glass bottle (sadly no longer around, I hear).

2 - In a can.

Then about five hundred yards of shite before bottoming out at:

3 - 500ml plastic bottle.

4 - poured out of a 2l bottle.

Edited by Braesoyetts